SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What will the financial markets do in the next year or two?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What will the financial markets do in the next year or two? Login/Join 
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
RIFs

What that be?

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Term from the 80s and 90s even thru the end of the 2000s for determining large groups of people to let go at a company.

Large tech company on the Dow announced 10% rifs this morning. I figured that would be good news which it was,, until the Fed decided to speak up with their minutes today.

Stands for a reduction in force.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
That was Salesforce.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38678 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Won’t speak to specifics here… But expect to see lots of RIFs today/soon." - SIGnif, When I saw you write this in the AM I just smiled. I knew you knew what was coming.

Lots of dog-whining going on in Puget Sound tonight and the 'RIfs' ain't done yet..

Posts: 1453 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post