SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Vehicle Stickers vs. Going Incognito
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vehicle Stickers vs. Going Incognito Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
American flag and a black with a blue band decals on my jeep. A decal memoralizing a slain police officer on my BMW.

I'm not a "peacock" and am about as "grey" as they come. Speaking for myself alone, I am not granting to the "other" the power to "fear" me into a retreat in the use of symbols that simply cannot be construed as disrespectful by any human.

Silent

Posts: 1026 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I preface this with the information that I have driven lowered S10s since high school.

I have a small skull in a top hat centered in the bottom back glass of one truck. Bought the size of a 1/2 dollar. Some blue pin striping on lower corners of same window. Have had "no fat chicks, its low enough" and punisher skull but removed.
My current daily has "LowLife" scripted across the lower back glass. Runs 3/4 width of window about 8-10" high. Small skull top driver corner of back glass.
Never anything on the paint. Not a sticker, but also ran a lime green skull shift knob on a bolt through the hole the previous owner made for a bumper mount trailer ball. Liked the reactions it got.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2741 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
I had one on my Tundra, but since I've traded it in on a taller RAM2500, I really can't reach the back window to put a sticker on it, so I guess I'm stickerless now. I'm askeered of the heights.

Posts: 1986 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I have never and will never put stickers on my cars. I 100% of the time remove the dealer logos and sometimes the actual manufacturer emblems from my cars. I have told dealers before I will not buy this car unless you remove your dumb ass dealer badges before I drive away.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PeterGV
posted Hide Post
I've rarely put anything on my vehicle, at least since becoming an adult.

I admit I *am* considering an oval with 5.56 in it, to counter all the annoying 13.1 and 26.2 stickers I see. The idea of the 5.56 sticker makes me smile. And if it earned me a thumbs up from a fellow shooter, I'd be pleased.

I don't think the anti's will get the reference.

Posts: 1318 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: April 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
After my vehicle got hit and get home bag stolen, I'll be removing the stickers but not my veteran plate. The stickers weren't anything resembling guns or shooting but probably draw undue attention in the first place. Harder to fight without your gear.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
I have a US flag sticker on my truck center rear window. During the elections I had a Trump/Pence sticker on it - NEVER had a political candidate sticker before on any vehicle.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Nothing on the outside of my cars that would give anyone any hint about what might be in it or what my politics might be - college stickers are as far as it goes.

Been that way since dinosaurs roamed the earth my first car.

Posts: 15031 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got my car new & I had the dealer "badges" removed. Then I put 1 sticker, centered on the bumper, that is bright yellow, that says, "In case of emergency, Service Dog on board" That's just in case I end up in an accident & we get separated. If I didn't have my service dog, I would not have any other stickers.

Posts: 537 | Registered: March 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I have never understood the custom of putting stickers on something costing tens of thousands of dollars. An item that causes one anxiety when a scratch or ding appears. Just don't get it...

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16701 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
I have a U of I window sticker on my car. I've used magnetic stickers for various things, as I really don't like trying to get the crap off when the stickers go. My wife and I both drive nice vehicles, wear nice clothes and watches. We are not paranoid about letting people know who and what we are, although she won't let me talk politics at social events. Which is funny, because she is much more of a political junkie than I am. Don't be a grey man, be who you are.

Posts: 1502 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
When I was younger I had some massive fire/rescue stickers on my car. I was a 1st Class Wanker.

The only sticker I still had on my 13 year old car before I sold it was a small paramedic star of life sticker on the back glass. I had a Flying Spaghetti Monster front license plate.

I don't have anything on my new car. Including any dealership stickers. The only thing I will ever put are parking decals when they are required. I don't want anyone to have a reason to pick my car out of a line of them.

So, by all means, stick 'em up Wink Take the attention away from mine.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
No such emblems on my vehicle or clothes.
Unless I'm being paid handsomely to advertise.
So, never.

Sounds like it's time to begin your NASCAR career! Smile
Sounds like a challenge to me. Post up some prices Big Grin

Smile

All numbers must have at least one comma, preferably two or three.

Advertising in general is hella expensive. Ever priced a billboard, or TV and Radio time, or a bunch of SEO work for Google rankings or the like, shit - even a 16th of a page in print?

I'm not giving that shit away for free, much less me paying to do it. Crazy talk. Smile

(and I prefer the cleaner look. I always remove dealer emblems and stickers and license plate frames. I'd remove the logo from more clothes if it wasn't a pain in the balls to find things I like without them. I'm not crazy dogmatic about it all, but I avoid it where I can.)

Now, if only those memes about requiring Congress to dress in NASCAR uniforms was true.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
In my younger years I had a car with no less than 10 gun stickers. NRA, Glock, "Insured by HK" with a MK23 w/suppressor. Nice benefit was never having people tailgate me. Now a days the only sticker I have is an Orlando strong sticker. I subscribe to the grey man philosophy. Probably taking the Orlando sticker off eventually as I'm up in Indiana and I've gotten a few negative comments from people thinking I was gay. I'm from Orlando so that's the only reason I have the sticker. I don't want my car vandalized etc.

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3093 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in the no sticker consensus. A lot of Soldiers put their deployment or info or airborne or infantry all over their back windows. I don't identify my vehicle in any way as military or anything else. It's easier to not make a statement or stand out.

Posts: 2017 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I recently had to stay in Charlotte for a week, and a couple of people in my class had their vehicles broken into at the motel.
Motel clerk told us that the thieves were cruising parking lots looking for pickup trucks with gun stickers and hoping to find guns inside.
I don't have gun stickers on mine, just a 911 dispatch sticker and a band decal. I still worried all week, and made sure that I parked under a streetlight near the door, hid anything that appeared to be valuable, etc.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Absolutely Positively-
Retired
Picture of ace73
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
I have a Green Bay Packers logo sticker in the back window and a "My GSD is smarter than your honor student" bumper sticker. Otherwise nothing, I fall into the "don't give some a-hole a reason to think there might be a gun inside" camp.

That Packers sticker will get your vehicle vandalized here in Detroit!! Smile

Posts: 1182 | Location: Detroit/Downriver | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never cared for crap on my vehicles, to the point of walking out on a car deal if they balk on removing dealer, or even the auto company model info if I don't want it.

That said I don't open carry either.

Posts: 427 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I have never had stickers on my vehicles as I know damn well how much damage they can do over time. I do, however, have a Harley-Davidson sticker on the back window of my truck. It was given to me after some service work was done on the bike and I really didn't know what else to do with it. Smile

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
No stickers here. Too many idiots out there. I like to keep a very low profile.

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post