SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Vehicle Stickers vs. Going Incognito
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vehicle Stickers vs. Going Incognito Login/Join 
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I don't see anything positive happening if I had those stickers and even a slight risk is a good reason to leave them off.
In addition to that, I don't even like having the dealer sticker on my car, logos on my clothes, etc.

Posts: 9514 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
I have a few stickers in the back window of the Tacoma but recently I've been thinking about removing them in favor of a cleaner look. I decided a long time ago that I wouldn't put firearm or political stickers on my vehicle.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 888 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Going Incognito

We don't need to know what you wear under your suit. Razz

A longstanding policy of mine is to never advertise anything on my clothing, vehicle or home. That mainly applies to guns, but can be extended to other areas.

Posts: 27963 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dubya
posted Hide Post
THEY are here... Smile. We are being watched....

Sons of the Republic of Texas, NRA, TSRA
God Bless America

Posts: 4075 | Location: The Great Lone Star State, Texas | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I had a FBHO sticker on my 86 GMC Jimmy that I removed on that glorious day Trump was announced victorious. I don't think any of the neighborhood GDCs ever figured out what it meant, though.

Posts: 26906 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
None. I even make the dealers remove any of their stickers.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Not a sticker guy, have a license plate frame with my University logo on it which isn't a local school so far nobody has messed with it.

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
I don't have any stickers on my Tacoma. No real reason why I don't. I guess I just haven't felt the need to plaster stickers all over my vehicle. I do, however, have an NRA license plate bracket. Never had any issues from people with it.

Chris

Posts: 1696 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm with Para, no stickers. But wouldn't let yesterday change things.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Arizona Alumni Association L corner of back window. Usually "TU" for Trout Unlimited in R corner, currently replaced with "Keep It Public, Wyoming; Public Lands in Public Hands"

Posts: 13263 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
I put a "God, Guns, and Guts Made America" sticker on a new truck I bought in 1989.
Got a few thumbs up for it, but that was back in the 90's and it's rotted and worn off now.

Wife had a 4-H sticker on her old minivan. Pretty harmless...

All 4 vehicles are devoid of any stickers now, and will likely stay that way.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
My only sticker is a 1x1" Thin Blue Line sticker above my left taillight.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dead_Eye
posted Hide Post
Put whatever you want on your car and live your life. I have a BMW with no stickers and people regularly steal my emblem. Last month someone scraped my car from the rear quarter panel all the way to the passenger fender... and I just had the entire car repainted the week prior.

99.9% of people won't say or do shit if you're with your car. The rest of the time it's not worth obsessing over what you should or shouldn't do because it may upset some snowflake. Besides, that's what insurance is for.

Beware the man who has one gun because he probably knows how to use it.

Posts: 368 | Location: Somplace with cold drinks and warm women | Registered: May 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Just call me "Grey Man". Cool

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one word in black on a white bumper sticker in the center of my rear window. CAPITALIST
I have received many a middle finger from the ignorant masses over the last couple of years.

Posts: 179 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Hate stickers in general on cars. That said, I do have 'one' small NRA sticker in the lower left corner of the rear window of my truck that won't be coming off anytime soon.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
My vehicle gets damaged enough from the negligence of others. I don't put stickers on to prevent intentional damage from dirtbags.

Precisely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Shop. Adopt.
Picture of hapevo
posted Hide Post
I'm not a fan of stickers, but I did put a American Flag with the thin blue line on my company car and the wife's Pilot. I have a few LE friends and like to show my support for them.

"Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever." - Karen Davison

"Man can measure the values of his own soul in the look of the eyes of an animal he's helped" - Author Unkown

Posts: 1524 | Location: NorCal | Registered: April 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
In the past, I never put stickers on any of my cars.

My current car has a Molon Labe license plate frame, a Red/White/Blue Spartan Helmet sticker and an NRA sticker.

My wife's car has a Molon Labe license plate frame as well as her "I Love my Boston Terrier" magnet and her 0.0 sticker.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Although I would like to show pride as a NRA Life Benefactor member, I don't advertise on my car just because doing so might cause some idiot to do damage to it. There are no stickers on my car other than those required by the state. I guess that makes me a "gray mode" person.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post