SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wiki page on Loch Ryan written in phonetic Scottish accent?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wiki page on Loch Ryan written in phonetic Scottish accent? Login/Join 
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted
Explain what the heck is going on here: https://sco.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loch_Ryan

Posts: 7459 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Thadt's fookin epic

Posts: 23481 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Presume it's the Scottish version of Wikipedia, based on the site address.

-MG

Posts: 2001 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Mono is correct.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2841 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Di ye ken that if you click the Wikipedia logo at the top left of the page it takes you to the Scots home page where you can be amused by many other quaint articles?

Posts: 6487 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
i dinna ken!

That's fookin brilliant!!!

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amusing, but could only get through half of it before I thought--"this is a waste of my time"

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
If such things amuse you, then you might like to take a look at the Wikipedia entry for Wales - in Welsh, the native language.

Os ydych chi'n dod o hyd i bethau o'r fath yn ddoniol, yna efallai yr hoffech edrych ar y cofnod Wiki i Gymru, yn iaith frodorol y Gymraeg...

https://cy.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cymru

Posts: 11331 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Scottish Twitter is much funnier.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
I thought Loch Ryan was an Olympic swimmer. Oh well, wrong again.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10928 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post