SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    O Bendable, Bendable, wherefore art thou Bendable?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

O Bendable, Bendable, wherefore art thou Bendable? Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

At least you could let us know how things look from your front porch as you blissfully slowly move back and forth in your cherished and well worn rocking chair. Big Grin
It's been a while since we have heard the news from Lake Woebegone.

Ah! Thanks! Someone got it! LOL

Maybe only we real old farts would though....

Gonna have snow again tonight here on the prairie. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16219 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear from you Bendable!

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I too, come from a small town. You can't miss it though, it's right between "Slow Down" and "Litter Barrel."

We do have two gas stations, but they share the same pump.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30673 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Speaking of MIA, along with Bendable, has anyone seen the Monkey... Last seen swinging from the trees on Jan 30.
Monkey was IT director for an engineering company before recently retiring. He was trying to help a member with a problem, networking problem if memory serves. Somebody else basically told Monkey that he was full of crap, monkey being justifiably tired of that shit, said "adios." That was February 1, 2021.
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:

Another one that we haven't heard from for awhile is Roland Kraps.
He posted last week, in the pistol section.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30673 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I’ve also had my head buried in the sands of time...Bendable...you OK?

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Speaking of MIA, along with Bendable, has anyone seen the Monkey... Last seen swinging from the trees on Jan 30.
Monkey was IT director for an engineering company before recently retiring. He was trying to help a member with a problem, networking problem if memory serves. Somebody else basically told Monkey that he was full of crap, monkey being justifiably tired of that shit, said "adios." That was February 1, 2021.

Ouch I missed that originally and just found it after doing a search. Nasty .... Eek
Really sorry to see sigmonkey gone.

There's been too much of that sort of stuff in recent times. ApplianceBrad's period of absence immediately comes to mind.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16219 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
God bless you my brother Cool

Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where be my Sig monkey? Frown

Jimmy Buffet

Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

At least you could let us know how things look from your front porch as you blissfully slowly move back and forth in your cherished and well worn rocking chair. Big Grin
It's been a while since we have heard the news from Lake Woebegone.

Ah! Thanks! Someone got it! LOL

Maybe only we real old farts would though....

Gonna have snow again tonight here on the prairie. Smile

I gave some books to an older friend of mine. One was a book by Garrison Kellior, of course, about Lake Woebegone.

Lady is 88 years old, never heard of The Prairie Home Companion. So I doubt like hell she read the book.

I liked the sly humor...some folks don't I guess.

Glad hearing from bendable.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Good to hear you are still lurking Big Grin

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Beeeendable! Welcome back.

Posts: 11846 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Momentary disturbance in the force.....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Still here,
Nothing to report,
Para's edict was not in any way hurtful or offensive.

Good to hear. I always enjoy your point of view.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6404 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to those with words of friendship and encouragement.

For anyone that may have been trying to e-mail me,

Sorry to say I am in the process of figuring out Windows ten, the neighbors computer ,that I've been using for 8 years went away,
And my
4th grade level computer skills are in no way up to the transition.

Frustration levels are at a 12 year high.
Best wishes . . .
-bendable

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54644 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I was having severe withdrawals from the bendable drought.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
A pox on Windows 10!
Now, with that solved, somebody should do some SigMonkey wrangling.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Still here,
Nothing to report,
Para's edict was not in any way hurtful or offensive.

Glad to see you back!!!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
If it makes you feel any better, nobody likes Windows10, except maybe the 4th grader with your computer skills, who doesn't know any better because he hasn't experienced any better.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
Where be my Sig monkey? Frown

Yes! I don't post an awful lot, but usually check in a couple times a day to see how the gang is doing.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks to those with words of friendship and encouragement.

For anyone that may have been trying to e-mail me,

Sorry to say I am in the process of figuring out Windows ten, the neighbors computer ,that I've been using for 8 years went away,
And my
4th grade level computer skills are in no way up to the transition.

Frustration levels are at a 12 year high.
Best wishes . . .
-bendable

I know those feelings dealing with Win10!!!! Finally got it working, but now am "reluctant" to install changes, lest I have to go thru that same mess again.

Glad to see you are still around.

Elk

-Thomas Jefferson

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter