Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lost a friend Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
What's the saying "When you fall, an acquaintance will help you up, a friend will brush you off and a true friend will laugh and ask if you walk much?"

Posts: 7116 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
my condolences

sounds like an awesome friend

you were lucky

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53847 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sarah was so right.
My condolences to both of you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And it's time that particularly, some of our corporations learned, that when you get in bed with government, you're going to get more than a good night's sleep."
- Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5785 | Location: Pegram, TN | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear of your loss.

Posts: 5758 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. May God grant you, his family and friends comfort through this time.

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My condolences

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss. Lovely tribute

Posts: 2638 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Very sorry for your loss of a true friend. Sarah was so right, there are things far worse than death.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1731 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
I was a Deputy and was fighting with two guys and he drove up. Got out with his stubby ball bat and clocked one of them.

"Can you handle the other one buttercup or would you prefer I do it?"

Sounds like a wonderful friend.

You have my condolences. RIP.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
You have my sincerest condolences. He sounds like a great man. I hope I live as long as go out like he did.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5526 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Sounds like he went out on his terms.

Not all of us do.

Condolences.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32050 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I am sorry for your loss. Frown

Life long, close friends, are not that common these days.

Posts: 13718 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
God bless your friend. May he raise a glass from heaven.

Posts: 1854 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
You were lucky to share life with him, sorry for your loss.

Posts: 2409 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very sorry for your loss. I'm glad you had the chance to know each other. Friends like that are priceless.

Jim

Posts: 1341 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
That he has such a great friend speaking for him says everything.
I'm very sorry for your loss.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear. Sounds like he was a great person.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10993 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShneaSIG:
I am very sorry for your loss. I'm glad he passed peacefully.

Indeed. We cannot ask for a better way to go.

Sorry for the loss to everyone who knew and loved him.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25656 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When we were in grade school, our parents took the 5 of us to a funeral.

We were sitting in the back, semi behaving ourselves. It was raining out side and people were tracking leaves and other debris into the funeral home.

One of us looked down and a wad of something on the ground and said "What is that?". Another replied "Looks like chicken shit".

That stayed with us throughout our lives.

Today after the funeral, the 4 of us were standing around, sad and being very quiet. Sarah (the widow), walked by, pointed at the ground and said "Looks like chicken shit".

Posts: 7116 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20075 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post