SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Karma: The book Finding Your Father's War, A Practical Guide to Researching and Understanding Service in the World War II US Army
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Karma: The book Finding Your Father's War, A Practical Guide to Researching and Understanding Service in the World War II US Army Login/Join 
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted
I recently visited the Texas Military Forces Museum while I was in Texas for work. My Great Uncle Gerhardt was a 1st LT with Cannon Company, 142nd Inf, 36th ID. He joined them just after the liberation of Rome.

Members of the 36th are known as the T-Patchers because of their arrow head patch with a T in the center. The division was established as units of the Texas and Oklahoma National Guards were called up for World War 1. The arrowhead represented Oklahoma and the T Texas.

I picked up this book and some other things to help support the museum. I already have a copy of this book and used it to research my uncle's participation in WWII. Using Cannon Company's Morning Reports I was able to track his movement across Europe starting with his landing during Operation Dragoon. If you'd like to take a look, here is a Google map I put together.

Cannon Company, 142nd Inf

Who may participate: If you have a veteran of WWII and would like to research their involvement then you can participate.

I'll have the Karmanator choose a winner on Monday in the evening. You'll receive notice via the email address in your profile.

Posts: 11170 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post