SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Army "cartoon" recruiting ad - I am not impressed
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Army "cartoon" recruiting ad - I am not impressed Login/Join 
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted
I guess with wokeness this may inspire some but not me. I wonder why she graduated UC Berkley and then went enlisted. I guess to prove something. I am sure our enemies quake at the sight of our new recruits.

New Army Recruitment Ad

Posts: 4116 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Already posted. Kimber 1911 under Biden thread.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ZSMICHAEL,

Posts: 17242 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trust me, our enemies have been laughing at a good number of our new recruits for a while now..

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Couldn't watch it; didn't want to puke on my keyboard.

Posts: 9049 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I stopped when I heard “raised by 2 moms.”

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trebor44
posted Hide Post
UC Davis not Berkeley! Cow collage versus Elitism!

--------------------------------

On the inside looking out, but not to the west, it's the PRK and its minions!

Posts: 624 | Location: Idaho, west of Beaver Dicks Ferry | Registered: August 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
"Diversity is our strength", don't ya know. Wink

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15485 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I went through to the end. I think no one here really cares about the background of military people before they entered as long as they are fulfilling their military obligations.

But that wokeness infused army recruiting video is strange. How many children of same sex marriage do they hope to recruit??? Do they want just liberal minded recruits?

I'm confused as to what they think they're doing or hoping to accomplish.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19675 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Shit like this is why experienced leaders, those with multiple years of combat tours and experience training and leading troops, are leaving service.

Posts: 13123 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
The casting call for this 'story' must have been a SJW's wet dream.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not criticizing anyone for volunteering for military service, nor the means by which they were recruited, assuming that there were no contractual shenanigans.

As for the medium, it's certainly no worse than the Nam era M16 maintenance comic book, but without the cleavage.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yanert98:
The casting call for this 'story' must have been a SJW's wet dream.

Best they could find was a lily-white 'entitled' brat who attended a prominent school, got into a prominent sorority, surrounded by other rich students (one co-student traveled to Italy; another climbed Everest - these aren't exactly hood rats here). . .

That 'commercial' was indeed vomit-inducing. army is trying to prove how 'woke' they are.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21847 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This morning the retention NCO called me and we were discussing a new MOS and everyone i mentioned i got some excuse for why it was not available.

I told her I am going to ride out my time left then hit the road. This video is one of the reasons why. After 12 years, I do not fit in with the new woke/PC Army.

On Wednesday I finally got meet up with an old friend from my old unit.

We hit a local family owned and operated Scottish American Sports Grille right on the Greenwood/Indianapolis line.

The last time I saw him was right after we got back from Afghanistan in 2014.

After getting bumped numerous times from other deployments with our unit, we both got selected to be part of the PSD for the Corp of Engineers. As fate would have it, he stayed in RC Central and I went south to an MRAP team located in Helmund then Kandahar.

He was the golden boy of our unit, but for some reason when we returned he did not extend.
(He was going Special Forces or Flight school.)

During dinner we discussed it and this is the reason why: The new woke Army.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I'm also guessing the animation was a workaround for producing a commercial during the coof restrictions. It will likely have saved a ton of money also. So we got that going for us. Which is nice.

It was pretty sickening. I also wondered why someone would graduate college and then enlist instead of taking one of the officer routes. It has been explained to me by my wife that millennial's are after 'experiences' and tend to shun owning too much stuff (even when they can). Maybe that explains it.

We probably won't have long to figure out how today's recruits respond in armed conflict considering our current demo-rat, coup based, 'leaders'.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7263 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
THAT is disgusting. Mad

Posts: 22915 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a severe reduction in recruitment numbers in the next four years.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3537 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
Who comes up with this shit?

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Had a young man working for me the last couple years of my employment. He'd switched from Regular Army to Army Reserves. The stupid stuff he related to me goes on in today's Army was, to me, mind-boggling. Told him "I sometimes regret not staying in, but there's no way I'd enlist in today's Army."

As for the advert: I guess that's what they gotta do to attract today's youth. That doesn't concern me so much as the fact today's military isn't very military.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
how enlightened they have become

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3212 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Didn't the CIA lead the way a few days ago? Now, it's the Army. Before the month is over, all the branches of the US government will have similarly "woke" recruiting ads. Lol.

Q

Posts: 26417 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post