SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Apple Cider Vinegar capsules. Anybody take them?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apple Cider Vinegar capsules. Anybody take them? Login/Join 
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted
What positive results have you noticed?

Any negative feedback?

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Not the capsules, but I used to take a shot of vinegar every day. Now I use a tablespoon+ every day in a salad. From a good source of medical lore, "Vinegar is very good for the core". No difference is noticed by the vinegar but the head of romaine seems good for my diet.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2 tablespoons in a glass of water every morning. (I had to work up to 2). Among other things, it relives my heartburn.

I follow the ACV with a tablespoon of raw, local honey. Has done more for my seasonal allergies than any OTC meds.

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I take a swig every day after lunch, have to follow it with a swig of water to avoid burning my throat

The wife makes "sock juice" every morning, hot water, honey, lemon juice and apple cider vinegar. I think she is addicted to it

Posts: 5323 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Peteroniman
posted Hide Post
i add a splash to tonic water, a few times a week
i was adding it to regular water, but the tonic water almost makes it pleasant

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Posts: 2012 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
I'm curious - What are the benefits supposed to be?

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
helps reduce blood sugar is one thing acv is supposed to do. I burned my throat chugging Braggs straight. Ended up having 2 endoscopy procedures. I mix a couple tablespoons in a glass of ice water and drink it with my morning coffee. It keeps me from having indigestion as well.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I've been having 2 or 3 tbsp in salad 5 or 6 days a week for around the last 15 years or so.

It's helped a lot with my acid reflux disease.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
My mom took it for arthritis, she suffered with it mostly in her hands for years until she started with daily vinegar. She took it for years and absolute swore by it.

I can't remember the method or dosage.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Peteroniman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
I'm curious - What are the benefits supposed to be?

It'll make your sticker peck out

it supposedly has a wide range of health benefits from lowering cholesterol to speeding up your metabolism (weight loss) to enhancing the liver function, etc...

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Posts: 2012 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had stomach issues when taking Goli chewables. Heart burn and lower intestinal distress. I stopped before finishing my first bottle.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters

Posts: 1748 | Location: Red Wing, MN | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I take it straight from the bottle with water.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38681 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
The Mrs. is a fan of apple cider vinegar and I take a capsule per day. Haven't noticed any difference either way. But, since it keeps the wife happy, I take them.

She is a bigger fan of Braggs apple cider vinegar. From her perspective, it is a universal cure. So, if I am under the weather, have a sore knee, didn't get good sleep, etc., she has me drink a concoction of apple cider vinegar diluted in water. This gets repeated every 2 hours until I beg for mercy. Razz

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6405 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I had high hopes when I read this thread.
I suffer from heart burn, high blood pressure, and Arthritis.
I scrambled out to the kitchen and found a bottle of Apple Cider Vinegar,and Honey.
I poured 2 TBLS of vinegar and a dose of honey into a glass and added hot water, chugged it down and waited for all my medical issues to vanish.
What I got, a half hour latter, was the worse heartburn. I could not get to the kitchen and make a Baking Soda cocktail ASAP.
Did I do something wrong?
Seems adding Vinegar (acid) to my stomach would be counter productive for heartburn relief.

Posts: 4629 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Don't know? I take it in the am and do not have heartburn when I take it. Those that advocate acv always recommend unpasteurized with "the mother" intact. The mother looks like sediment that settles to the bottom of the bottle. Shake it up until it is dissolved and take about an oz mixed in a glass of ice water is my method. Tastes like bad wine and I've drank much worse tasting stuff. Works for me. I buy at Costco usually and their price is 3 qt bottles for around $9. I can tell no difference in the Costco brand and Bragg's.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I used,
BRAGG - Raw,unfiltered,unpasteurized.
I will try again.

Posts: 4629 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post