SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kidney Stone on the move and Dutch healthcare
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kidney Stone on the move and Dutch healthcare Login/Join 
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
Minor thread drift....

My first stone is taking it's sweet time getting out. I'm over a month now, and I THINK it's in the bladder. Is that normal??

I hate hangovers, so I've not tried the beer method. LOL

Each one is different, some hang out in the kidney for days or weeks. But once the get thru the tube to the bladder the pain goes away for me. First one I had was a 6mm sand spur mother f@#ker....once it got to the bladder it quit hurting and I pisses it out w/o and fanfare

Second and third were the same...

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11309 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patriot:
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:

I told her that I saw a DR. without an appointment, went to the ER and waited 10 mins to get a room and was medicated within 10mins of that. That would have never happened in the US!

Really?

I had two stones in my past.

Fuck the Dr office, went right to ER. So that saved me bunches of "in pain" time.

Needed no "note" from Doctor to go to ER.

In and medicated within minutes based on my pain levels...both times.

Dunno what the fuck you are talking about...

The local hospital here, well it’s fucked. The small town I live in has a huge hospital. There are a lot of old retired people here. But there are no big businesses, so the average income isn’t very high, and most people do not have healthcare. So the ER is the “free clinic”. Unless you’re having chest pains, it doesn’t matter how much pain you’re in, you have a couple hours wait.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4031 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Glad you went to the urologist. I finally went to see the urologist after about 8 stones. They did blood work and found my blood had a high calcium level. Did a bone scan and found out my parathyroid was over producing and stripping calcium from my bones. Now I know I have osteoporosis and had to get part of my parathyroid gland hacked out. Been taking calcium and vitamin D and and i'm on the mend. Doc's think in a couple of years my bone density will return to normal and the stones will stop. Thank God and my urologist!!

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
Minor thread drift....

My first stone is taking it's sweet time getting out. I'm over a month now, and I THINK it's in the bladder. Is that normal??

I hate hangovers, so I've not tried the beer method. LOL

then drink water, lots of it,

mine only hurt when exiting the kidney,

never bothered me after that,

did have some blood in my urine once a good while after passing one,

so the Uro wanted to take a peak at my bladder,, from the inside,

not a joyful experience,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10438 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Ah yes, the scope. Had a bladder stone removed that way after breaking it up with a laser.

Posts: 1227 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post