SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    We lost a daughter
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We lost a daughter Login/Join 
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
My most sincere and heartfelt condolences. There is nothing worse than losing a child; it's a club of which no parent wants to be a member. I hope your find solace that you were there to comfort her, to show her that she was loved, in her last hours.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I have no words other than my thoughts are with you and your family

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37960 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dead_Eye
posted Hide Post
My sincerest condolences for your loss. I can't imagine what it must have been like but you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Beware the man who has one gun because he probably knows how to use it.

Posts: 368 | Location: Somplace with cold drinks and warm women | Registered: May 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry for your loss and pain. I'll say a prayer that the scientists can make the treatment available soon, and that you and your loved ones are in God's hands.

Posts: 1854 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Here's hoping for a cure.
Wishing you strength.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
You have my thoughts, prayers and sympathy. We lost our son Feb 7th 2017. I am crying as I type thinking of you.....another parent grieving for the loss of a child. It hurts man. I have nothing prophetic from my perspective other than to take care of those you love so they can take care of you.

Posts: 2027 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry for your loss. I can't begin to imagine the weight of the burden you and your family has had to bear.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Silent

Posts: 1026 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
I want to thank each and every one of you for the kind words, they are appreciated.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
My sincere condolences.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3865 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a bigger boat
Picture of CaptainMike
posted Hide Post
Very saddened to read this. My thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Really puts my crappy little problems in perspective.

MOO means NO! Be the comet!

Posts: 2769 | Location: The Tidewater. VCOA. | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
My condolences and prayers for your family, may God be with you and your wife.

Posts: 1956 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
You and the family are in my prayers and you all have my heartfelt condolences.

Posts: 26906 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 226Reasons
posted Hide Post
Glad you got to see her through to the end and sad it had to be that way. My prayers and sympathy to you.

Posts: 1327 | Location: TN | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Huntington's is a truly insidious disease. My prayers are with your grandchildren that they beat the odds.

Posts: 417 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
What a nightmare! You have my sympathy.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I am so very sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine your pain.

I had never heard of Huntington's disease, until it hit my EMT Instructor.

It is a very cruel disease. For the past several years, I have taken the money I have not spent on alcohol, pop and candy during Lent (typically $250-$350) and sent it to the local Chapter fighting this hideous disease.

You and your family are in my prayers this evening.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36842 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I am so, so sorry. May God bless you all sir. I will certainly keep you in my prayers.

I can’t even imagine.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't say anything other than my wife and I send our love and prayers.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Fuzzy,

I can't imagine the loss you are going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss. I just had a friend bury his son. It's tough for the parents.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19664 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post