SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Radial Hot Rod engine
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Radial Hot Rod engine Login/Join 
posted
Always wondered if anyone had tried this. Can't figure out how to embed the video(love the lights):

https://www.facebook.com/aerof...os/2612908695416701/

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
It’s funny you post this, just today I discovered Walmart (via one of its vendors) sells 7 cylinder 70ish cc radial engines for $1200. I’d love to put one in a ATV or go cart. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21115 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
It’s funny you post this, just today I discovered Walmart (via one of its vendors) sells 7 cylinder 70ish cc radial engines for $1200. I’d love to put one in a ATV or go cart. Big Grin
10 cc / cylinder? That's pretty small. 0.07 L for the engine?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30696 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Radials have been used on motorcycles, helicopters, and tanks...why not a car or truck?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
A good friend of mines dad had one in a Modified tractor .. it is now in the Legends Hall of fame retired museum.. It sounded so cool.

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9073 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
That truck has been in HOT ROD MAGAZINE. If you're not a FB member, here's more details...

https://www.hotrod.com/article...up-radically-radial/

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
V-tail, yeah it’s too small to seriously consider as a project. There are a few Facebook groups based out of the UK that I follow that do amazing things with engines. They have made 4 & 5 cylinder two stroke Kawasaki H2 engines and other wild things.

I think a 250-1000cc radial engine would be awesome in a bike, quad or go cart. It would make gobs of torque. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21115 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
So freakin cool

Posts: 5334 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Want!

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21849 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
“Oh I see...you smoke a lot of weed to come up with that...that’s very interesting”

-Jay Leno referring to the transmission/belt set up on this vehicle Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
That's an awesome ride. Very cool.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7508 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

This was actually a rotary engine, with the cylinders and crankcase rotating around a stationary crankshaft (the wheel axle in this case), not a radial. Still cool as heck, though.

Posts: 27970 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:

This was actually a rotary engine, with the cylinders and crankcase rotating around a stationary crankshaft (the wheel axle in this case), not a radial. Still cool as heck, though.

Most WWI fighters had rotary engines. The Sopwith Camel used a 130 HP Clerget.

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sgt Neutron:
Most WWI fighters had rotary engines. The Sopwith Camel used a 130 HP Clerget.
I realize that allowing the cylinders to spin with the propeller probably assisted in cooling the engine, but didn't it complicate getting fuel into it?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
That car looks like the one Jay Leno had on his show this past season or the season from last year. Rather awesome watching it.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post