SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Just got front row seats for Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just got front row seats for Trans-Siberian Orchestra Login/Join 
Picture of Censored
posted
Smile

Middle section, middle seats, front row in Lexington, KY. We typically go every other year. It is a pretty cool event.

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
That's gonna be awesome. I like their music and if I could deal with crowds, I'd go see them once. Sadly, I am relegated to YouTube videos which are still pretty damn cool. Have fun.

Posts: 2834 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
Be careful. My ears are still ringing from a concert last Thanksgiving. I thought wearing the earplugs my BIL offered was unnecessary. I was wrong. Great show, though.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've seen them live at their XMAS show in NY. It's a great show. I'd take jigray's advice if you are going to sit close. I was in the balcony and it wasn't an issue, but if I had been close to the speakers it would have been rough.

Posts: 4592 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I went last year, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Best concert I ever went to as far as the total experience of music and lights. I doubt I'll go this year, but if you get a chance you really should go at least once in your lifetime.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Concert is almost the wrong word. Outstanding musical theater. You will be blown away.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5689 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Once was enough for me.

Year V

Posts: 2632 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
The pyrotechnics were amazing. Motorized flame throwers waving back and forth creating walls of fire, and huge fireballs reaching for the rafters.

I'm still stunned nobody on stage caught on fire, and shocked a fire marshal would allow it. I bet they don't in every venue.

There are actually two different bands, one east coat and one west to handle all the gigs. The logistics must be crazy.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Earplugs seemed like they would have been nice the first 5 minutes I went. My sister was balling up deposit slips and putting those in her ears.

After 15 minutes what I really wanted was eye-plugs. My retinas hurt.

Mistake #2 was going with my kids and sisters, then following up with dinner at a nice restaurant in town. Apparently we were yelling at each other, based on the looks of tables around us.
Eek

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Georgeair,

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12436 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lucky to be Irish
posted Hide Post
Saw them in Cincinnati a few years ago. Great show!

Posts: 1770 | Location: Mason, OH | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Went to their Xmas show in Denver a few years ago, it is a great show.

Posts: 2308 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I saw the Christmas show here a few years ago, it was really good. Really LOUD, and the lasers and strobes left me with a little bit of a headache, but I was glad I went.

Posts: 7272 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
Once was enough for me.

Wife and I decided 50% of the show was enough for us.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King of Goodness
Picture of varoadking
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
Once was enough for me.

Wife and I decided 50% of the show was enough for us.

Me too..the music was great, but the narration was lame...

Posts: 6699 | Location: Dixie | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
I’ve been to 8 of their Christmas shows, but it’s been a number of years now. I would like to go again.

We did the front row once, and it was fun interacting with the couple of musicians right in front of you. That being said, it’s too close to really take in the whole show. I found it best to be on the floor about 2/3 of the way back. Those were optimal seats.

Posts: 6374 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post