SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Went to my Publix today…kinda shocked-well NOT Really
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Went to my Publix today…kinda shocked-well NOT Really Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted
I had to pick up my prescriptions today and I decided to pick up a few needed grocery items and WOW! Eek…no frozen French fried potatoes at all…bread selection was limited (I like the Potato buns…none on the shelves)…ground beef was almost gone as well as chicken thighs (zero boneless/skinless, my go to for Jambalaya…even sausage was almost out)…ice cream selections were limited (no butter walnut or butter pecan, NOOooo!!! Eek if I hear the senile idiot Biden and his mouthpieces say everything is good I’m gonna scream…fuck this clown and all democrats with a cactus…rant over

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
No Gatorade, no cream cheese.

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Local Publix today, I went to the dairy section.

There were two of those small advisory signs on the shelf.

One of them offered an item at a price of "3 for $5.00" and the other sign said, "limit -- two items."

Common core math?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30693 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
I had to pick up my prescriptions today and I decided to pick up a few needed grocery items and WOW! Eek…no frozen French fried potatoes ...

I've been watching posts on The Last Refuge concerning supply chain issues and what we may expect. I realize you're an sample of one and I'm always hesitant concerning information on the Internet, but Sundance noted...

quote:
Initial food instability signs in the supply chain. Things to look for:

(1) A shortage of processed potatoes (frozen specifically).

And/Or a shortage of the ancillary products that are derivates of, or normally include, potatoes.

I just listed the first item of many he listed and it matched your experience.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4991 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
Pasta shelf was mostly wiped out today at our local store.

Posts: 1350 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
People are complaining about the lack of Rice Crispy cereal.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
I do all the food shopping. I shop at Publix and Aldi mostly. I also shop at a local family meat market.
My local Aldi it is only a 20 minute drive with traffic. To get to my local Aldi I pass three Publix supermarkets(I live in a tourist area of central Florida.)
I have notice the shortages however what one store does not have the others have had so far.
I never thought in my lifetime I would ever see anything like this. I saw an article where someone thought of this like something you would see in the Soviet Union back in the 60s,70s and 80s.
It almost looks as tho we have a big storm (hurricane) coming and everyone is stocking up on supply's, except it is every week.

On a side note my wife and I were at our local Toyota dealership getting our car serviced last Saturday. The lot was empty, they had maybe a dozen cars and trucks.
We talked to our salesman about this in the past and he does not see this getting any better till the summer.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2573 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Did they announce shortages on the news or something to make everyone panic buy the shelves clean? I went to get gas yesterday and the gas station was packed and all the old guys were pumping gas into the multiple gas cans in their trunks? *shrug*

I called the whole trip off and went back home so I didn’t even bother with the grocery store.

Posts: 45377 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
....ya gotta suspect SOMETHING is haywire when the Jimmy Dean is dwindling....

it's been getting less available at 3 different WinCo stores & 2 Safeways.

Last week I shopped at the one most well stocked for variety, & found Jimmy Dean section with only 2 cardboard boxes in it....one was empty, the other had 5 of the regular 6 pack Breakfast Bowl items. Not hoarding, I've managed to consume most of the ones I rescued already.

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
At my Kroger store I’d intended to buy six 15oz cans of Glory brand “Simply Seasoned Collard Greens”. But, son of a gun, they had only three on the shelf. Dang.

And I noticed that there were only three cans of Glory brand “Simply Seasoned Mixed Greens” on the shelf. I don’t normally buy those, but figured that getting those would be prudent – get ‘em while the gettin’ is good. Actually, the Mixed Greens are quite tasty – glad that I tried them.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8970 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Starting to see some shortages here. I won't go to Wal Mart any more because they could not keep their shelves stocked before this. People shop Wal Mart much harder too. Went to our local chain grocery even though I pay probably 8 to 10 percent more they are usually stocked much better. I did notice they are playing games with their shelf stocking. The canned tomato products used to be about 16 feet of shelf space. Sauces, stewed tomato, diced, crushed and paste. Now down to eight feet and the selection has dwindled. The rest they just fill in with what they have. The last thing a grocery store wants is bare shelves.

Frozen foods was thin! I don't but much frozen as in fries. Veggies yes and they were well stocked. I buy Simply Potato's that aren't frozen and they are well stocked. Produce section is well stocked with potato's as well. I doubt there is anything about this shortage that can't be easily fixed. All my meat comes from online purchases now. Snake River Farms, Wild Fork Foods, Biloxi Shrimp Company and D'Artganan are just a few I use. Nice being able to stroll right past the meat department.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8534 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
Did they announce shortages on the news or something to make everyone panic buy the shelves clean?

DING DING DING, what does he win Johnny?

Of course. My local media mouth piece did a story about shortages. And ... look what happens. Everyone floods the stores to buy all the pasta and toilet paper. Whatever.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Just got back from my Publix. No noticeable shortages. Talked to the pharmacist and yes, Losartan 25mg and 50mg is backordered and no idea when it will arrive.

Posts: 1224 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted Hide Post
At my local Stop & Shop, I've found it's worth asking if a product not on the shelves is in the back, the issue being that at least at the store where I shop, there aren't enough employees to move everything that comes in to the front in a timely manner.

Posts: 1266 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
well on the bright side, maybe not finding breads, and cookies etc will help reduce the obesity issues in the USA, less food, less eating, less fuel, more walking, all part of the plandemic to curb obesity.. Razz

Posts: 23475 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm interested if anyone on the forum is involved with production, shipping, and distribution of for major vendors (Publix, Walmart, Aldi, Safeway, etc).

Are individual manufacturers unable to get raw materials? Does the finished product make it to distribution centers? Is there enough truckers to distribute?

P229

Posts: 3832 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Went to a different large chain grocery store today and found Fritos and sausage. However, the spaghetti sauce isle looked like Attila the hun and his men had been through.

Posts: 5622 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
I'm interested if anyone on the forum is involved with production, shipping, and distribution of for major vendors (Publix, Walmart, Aldi, Safeway, etc).

Are individual manufacturers unable to get raw materials? Does the finished product make it to distribution centers? Is there enough truckers to distribute?

We are seeing issues across the entire supply chain, from raw material to finished product. Primary points of contention include material and staffing shortages and logistics.

Our company does work for another company that has a very large portfolio of products including toilet paper, paper towels and cleaners. The retailers, including those you mention above are on what is called allocation for many products. This is definitely NOT a normal thing in all our years. Retailers are given specific amounts that they can order against to balance needs with availability across the supply chain. Their choices are also more limited to core brand codes. What used to be entire warehouses full of stock ready to ship is now pretty well produced to ship direct.

Even if production could produce to ship and also allow warehouses to normalize their inventory levels concurrently, given the trucking shortage, and staffing shortage in logistics centers(forklift drivers!) which is a major issue right now - having more stock would not materially change much currently.

Posts: 513 | Location: SEMO | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A manager at a local Aldi said their daily trucks have had a few missing items through 2021. Lately, the truck may be a day late or not come at all. This results in days when 70% of bread, dairy, or other items run very low or aren't available at all.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bryan11,

Posts: 2368 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only thing I am noticing is no cooked chicken wings.

None in Costco none in Wegmans.

Costco only has a small selection of raw wings.

The US consumes 1.4 billion wings at Superbowl weekend.

Are they saving them or will there be wing substitution?

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post