SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Did/Does your lady friend drive you around????
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did/Does your lady friend drive you around???? Login/Join 
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Except for the terror of her driving ability I like being driven around. Parking is a whole other matter. She will cruise a parking lot for hours looking for the best 'rock star' spot. Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29704 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife prefers me to drive when we're going somewhere together. I try to use the excuse that I drive all over south Florida every day, but it doesn't change things......the agressive drivers around here stress her out.

She does cart our four kids around every day to work / school, etc. so she does her part.

Heck, we were stationed in a mobile tactical squadron in the Air Force together (Homestead AFB) and she was my shotgun on a two-day convoy up to South Carolina & back and I still had to drive almost all the way. Even though our convoy briefing was very clear that driver / shotgun have relief swaps at scheduled intervals. Smile

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1936 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
That's a big...freakin'...NO. No way, no how, never, you presumptuous little...ok, I'll stop there.

I drive 99% of the time when we go out together.

HOWEVER, when we're France, my wife drives 99% of the time. So there's that.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
Around town, she almost always drives.
Long distance, we usually trade off, but I do most of it.

I tend to drive very aggressively. However, I had to drive for a living, and am a certified EVOC instructor for the Police Academy. So I often drive my family cars like I'm driving my patrol car. She has a hard time with that; gets motion sickness if she isn't in control. It's just easier if I sit in the passenger seat and close my eyes.

On longer trips, she can tolerate the lane changes on the interstate more easily. So I get to handle the bulk of the driving.

She refuses to ride the Harley with me under any circumstances for the same reason. Apparently the sparks from the footboard grinding into the pavement upset her.

As far as seating goes - front seats go to the tallest people. If she's driving and my son is with us, he gets the front (6'9") over me.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3142 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Depends on who's car we take. Short trips usually the person who's car it is. Long trips we will likely switch off. Around town or short trips, it's pretty even. Sometimes neither person cares, sometimes one person doesn't want to drive for whatever reason.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16403 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
Her vehicle, she drives. Unless it's after dark. She can't see very well in the dark.
My vehicle, I drive, unless I've had a drink.
Long trips, we switch off.

It only seems fair.

Bruce

Pretty much the same for me except the after dark thing, and I don't drink anymore. I'll drive her car now and again just for grins, but mostly if we use her car around town for short trips she'll drive. If we are going across town (60-70 miles) I usually drive as she's not good with directions or reading signs and then if I screw up she can bitch at me.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree I have been seeing this trend where the girlfriend drives everywhere. Even within the family my younger cousins drive their boyfriends around. I'm old school and would never have my lady pick me up, let alone drive me around. If there is a medical reason I get it, but there are very few gentlemen left in today's youth.

Posts: 250 | Registered: January 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And it's time that particularly, some of our corporations learned, that when you get in bed with government, you're going to get more than a good night's sleep."
- Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5785 | Location: Pegram, TN | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Oh HELL NO.

That woman scares the bejesus outta me!

Posts: 5144 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am the captain of my vessel.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16096 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Not all the time, but I really don't care who drives. Sometimes it's better to sit and watch.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
Nope, if we're in the vehicle together I drive. I can't remember the last time I've rode in a vehicle with her driving.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Many years ago my wife pissed me off so bad in the passenger seat that I pulled over and told her to drive. I don't think I have driven since. She is a horrible passenger, always freaking out, gasping, shrieking over cars that are a mile away, etc.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Negative ghost rider, my wife drove my old grabber blue stang when I was drinking with my old NC Mustang buddies at a show in Jacksonville 4 years or so ago. She may have drove a time or two after I busted my arm a while back. That's about it. Dire circumstances! She is skeert of the 15 Mustang!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Yep in her car tired of getting driving instructions and being told to slow down. Its just easier. my truck nope.

Posts: 5599 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
Only once in a long while, I am a shit passenger so if I am in a car I usually drive it, don't much care who's it is.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since I sold back my VW TDI to VW last April, I don't have a car. I use the BMW motorcycle for errands, food purchase and for larger items the GF drives me around. I also live across the street from a large supermarket.

But when the temperature get's around 105 degrees or a heavy rain come around, GF picks me up.

Problem is I don't like her car and the way she drives and parks. She doesn't park the car the usual way.....she abandoned it.

So sometimes I use the Tucson bus. With a Senior discount and a transfer ticket, my cost is just .75 cents for a two hour period.

It just takes a bit longer using the Air Conditioned bus.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wife has motion sickness so she drives.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
Her vehicle, she drives. Unless it's after dark. She can't see very well in the dark.
My vehicle, I drive, unless I've had a drink.
Long trips, we switch off.

It only seems fair.

Bruce

Same for us, my wife likes driving her car.

Posts: 3597 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Many years ago my wife pissed me off so bad in the passenger seat that I pulled over and told her to drive. I don't think I have driven since. She is a horrible passenger, always freaking out, gasping, shrieking over cars that are a mile away, etc.

^^^^^^This!

Now I just surf the net or enjoy the scenery in the passenger seat.

Once in a while she asks me if I want to drive and I simply say no. I already know how it will end.

Tony n

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5402 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post