SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Saddest loss…RIP Officer Mia Goodwin, mother of 3, 3 days before Christmas *Funeral tomorrow 12/29*
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Saddest loss…RIP Officer Mia Goodwin, mother of 3, 3 days before Christmas *Funeral tomorrow 12/29* Login/Join 
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
My deepest condolences and prayers to PO Goodwin's family, friends, and colleagues.

Posts: 3939 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Prayers for Mia and the other officers and each family. May God bless them and keep them. They can lay down their burdens. Prayers also for you, Chongo, and your fellow officers. I can only imagine your sorrow.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7266 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
A terrible tragedy. I'm so sorry for your loss and that of her loved ones.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10205 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Very sorry this has hit so close to you, and at this time of year. I trust these many thoughts and prayers somehow help you, the family, and the entire blue line, heal this loss and close all the wounds.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2010 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives
posted Hide Post
Her kids are 3,1 and 4 months.

That’s absolutely awful.

"I don't own the night, I only operate a small franchise" - Author unknown

Posts: 2447 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
So sorry brother

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Horrible. Rest in peace sister.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15604 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well....shit.

Nothing to say except I pray for her children and families of the other officers.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Terrible tragedy. So sorry.

Posts: 4011 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cut and plug
posted Hide Post
That’s awful Chongo. Prayers for her family, the other officers injured and for you. I hate being on the highways these days.

Posts: 1145 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I am sorry.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Sorry Chongo. That's a really rough one. Frown

Posts: 8595 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
This is a senseless tragedy. I pray for Officer Goodwin's family, friends, and fellow officers.

The only good that is coming from it is the amazing financial response from the community. I know of two Gofundme pages with well over $100k in donations for the family.

I work for a Fortune 100 Financial Services firm located in the University area. At 3:00 on Thursday afternoon we received an email from Corporate Communications about the tragedy. Included in the email was a link to donate to a company wide gift for Officer Goodwin's family. At 8:00 last night the total was already over $3k.

Tis the season to open our hearts for this family. If you have the desire, please help them out.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Chongo, I am so sorry for your loss of a co-worker. Cannot even begin to comprehend her family's loss. My brother is a retired Idaho State police officer, and I know some of the heart break he went thru every time one of his officers was hurt or killed. Prayers offered up for those who have lost friends or family.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Bump with funeral update in OP.

Also turns out the guy that was driving had a fictitious plate, no CDL (based on news report) and chucked his GPS sensor after the wreck Mad

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/lo...EBRDIPLBVOODI2ZCECU/

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11449 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post