SIGforum
Traveling to London then Italy, can I check knife?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/7860092644

August 28, 2018, 01:19 PM
smlsig
Traveling to London then Italy, can I check knife?
I went through this conundrum back in May when I went to Africa for several weeks but had an extended stay in London as well..

I decided to bring check my lock back knife and keep it deep in my pocket while in London. If I were to get attacked I would much rather explain it to a court than to deal with a coroner..

On the other hand I found London to be extremely safe and the people very friendly. I would not hesitate to go back. Of course, I'm not one to stay out until 2 am either and stuck to the touristy sites which were very interesting as well as well represented by the local constables.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina
August 28, 2018, 01:39 PM
chuck416
I travel to Europe. A lot. Don’t do it. The laws over there can vary widely, and you don’t want to get sideways with the Carabinieri. LEOs in Europe have exactly zero sense of homor.
August 28, 2018, 02:33 PM
Blackmore
quote:
Originally posted by chuck416...you don’t want to get sideways with the Carabinieri.

These lads? No, you don't.

Truth: The New Hate Speech
August 28, 2018, 02:55 PM
Elk Hunter
I would leave the cutting tools at home rather than take a chance of dealing with some police agency over there.

I prefer a "walking stick" about 4 feet long. Last few times I was over there, one saw quite a number of them.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter
August 29, 2018, 06:54 PM
TigerDore
The French Army knife may be acceptable.