SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bus gets stuck: I guess the bus driver was using GPS.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bus gets stuck: I guess the bus driver was using GPS. Login/Join 
Picture of lkdr1989
posted
Was out driving this afternoon and saw this on River Rd & Orville, between Salem & Independence.

I can't believe the driver thought he could make the turn and make up that road - which is pretty steep, narrow and has some sharp curves.

There was a pallet under the back tires to lift up the back end but it was still touching pavement.

Edit: Both Apple Maps & Google Maps will tell you this is the fastest/shortest way to get from Independence to south Salem or vice versa - which is incorrect, most of the time.

View on my way back, can't believe the driver tried to turn right.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4336 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
WOW! I believe I could have made that turn. But it would have required a little jiggle using that space across the road. That's not too tight to possibly be done, but it's clearly too tight to be done in-lane by a person with no sense of proportion and space.

Posts: 11395 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trebor44
posted Hide Post
Seems there is a 'reason' for that wide pull out opposite the 'road'! But then it would take some "common sense" to use it!

--------------------------------

On the inside looking out, but not to the west, it's the PRK and its minions!

Posts: 624 | Location: Idaho, west of Beaver Dicks Ferry | Registered: August 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
But, but... it worked great in their Civic!

Posts: 9167 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Less than a month ago I-70 through Glenwood Canyon was closed by rock slides caused by heavy rain on the area that was severely burned last year. A Greyhound Bus driver thought he had an alternative route around the closure. He didn’t.

21 passengers rescued

Posts: 13295 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trebor44:
Seems there is a 'reason' for that wide pull out opposite the 'road'! But then it would take some "common sense" to use it!

Yes, my first impression as well.

Posts: 22936 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Predicaments are the stepping stones to wisdom.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Was on a bus in the Italian alps that took a turn like that with a third of the space in the picture. Driver had to do a 5 point turn and ever time he backed up the rear of the bus behind the back wheels was over the side of the mountain with about a 1000 foot drop.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Ironically the bus is emblazoned with the word, NAVIGATE on the side...

Posts: 23535 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
How tall is the bus? Is it possible the driver used the wide area as a turn around and tried the other road to bypass the 12’3” height restriction posted on the yellow diamond?

Posts: 10999 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post