SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    CA Shark incident - We are going to need a bigger Kayak!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CA Shark incident - We are going to need a bigger Kayak! Login/Join 
posted
Yikes! Left behind 2 very large teeth.

https://www.foxnews.com/great-...-kayak-loses-2-teeth

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I think I would take up miniature golf

Posts: 27184 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
NOPE, NOPE, with a big'ol side of NOPE.

HELL NO!!! Look at the size of those teeth!

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5545 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read somewhere that a kayak, when viewed from below by a shark, resembles a seal.
Eek

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16391 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Those teeth will make two AMAZING necklaces. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21928 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post

As an aside...pictures, or it didn't happen. Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
“As an aside...pictures, or it didn't happen”

From the linked article:

Posts: 27184 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
They are coming in at Cape Cod, all around the coasts in shallow water. Something with them has changed.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12963 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
seals are proliferating, the sharks follow the seals.

We are protecting the seals, the sharks favorite food.

Where the food goes the sharks go.

Posts: 4786 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
Where are the bite marks on the kayak? I want to see them.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
They are coming in at Cape Cod, all around the coasts in shallow water. Something with them has changed.

My wife and I were on the Cape this summer. Walking along the beach, we saw easily 20 seals maybe 30-40 feet out in the water.

Posts: 724 | Location: Maine | Registered: October 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
“As an aside...pictures, or it didn't happen”

From the linked article:

Well...OK. But I wanted pictures of the shark!! Wink

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
In unrelated news, California man posts on cleaning forums seeking advice for removing fecal stains from plastic surfaces....

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6391 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
[Martin Lawrence Voice] " .... Yeah, a curious great white shark is all cute 'till it tries to bite yo' ass off while you sitting on a boat! Ain't so cute no mo' whudinit when you paddling you ass off to get away..... " [Martin Lawrence Voice]

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38251 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
In False Bay, South Africa, near Capetown, they are notably absent for several years, possibly having fled to get away from predatory orcas

https://www.sciencemag.org/new...ir-favorite-hangouts

quote:
Originally posted by ptb351:
quote:

My wife and I were on the Cape this summer. Walking along the beach, we saw easily 20 seals maybe 30-40 feet out in the water.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:

Friends of Obama??

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
quote:

Friends of Obama??

Politics in non-political thread?