SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Instant Karma for Electronics Guys -CLOSED-
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Instant Karma for Electronics Guys -CLOSED- Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted

If you A) know what this is and B) can use it, just be the first to say "I can use that!" and hit me with your postal address via the email in my profile and it's yours.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PHPaul,

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15282 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I have no use for it, so no karma for me, but being an old Navy missile guy from the 1950s I'm pretty sure that I know what it is.

Since ID-ing is a prereq for your karma I'm not going to throw a spoiler in here, but I'll watch the responses from people who are in for the karma.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30754 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I know what it is, but have no use for it.

It looks like one of those thread nut/bolt cards at the hardware store to identify the mystery fastener you brought in, but that's not what it is.

Posts: 11034 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
I know what it is, but I will follow V-Tail's example...

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16123 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
I think I set a president.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30754 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Also no use, but very cool to see such a simple solution for a potentially crippling problem. Never considered how to properly repair such an issue, which of course I do with pliers, screwdriver and a BFH like every southern redneck.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12458 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

There you go, bringing politics into an apolitical thread. Roll Eyes Big Grin

Posts: 11034 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:
quote:
Politics? Nope, absolutely not. More like grammar Nazi.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...280060154#6280060154

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Ah, I figured it was auto correct, but now it's true internet thread since Nazis have been brought up. I should have realized you did that porpiosefully.

Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
I know what it is, but the only use I can think of for it at the moment is to confuse the younger generation with the question of what it is.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6495 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I used to have one sold by a different company, made in The Dark Ages long before The Enlightened decided that billet was The Righteous Path. But alas with my hearing the way it is these days I have no further desire or need for such esoteric trappings...(sigh)

(By the way, that's a hint for you kiddies)

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I know what it is, though I've never seen one before and used to do what it does by hand--one at a time.

While I've no use for it myself, I've a childhood buddy that's still in the area that's still seriously into the old hardware that uses the things it's for. If nobody else steps up, shall I ask him if he'd like it?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 95flhr:
I know what it is, but the only use I can think of for it at the moment is to confuse the younger generation with the question of what it is.

^^Yup^^

I have no use for that "blast from the past" item either.

Posts: 13685 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I know what it is, though I've never seen one before and used to do what it does by hand--one at a time.

While I've no use for it myself, I've a childhood buddy that's still in the area that's still seriously into the old hardware that uses the things it's for. If nobody else steps up, shall I ask him if he'd like it

Please do.

Posts: 15282 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:
quote:
Politics? Nope, absolutely not. More like grammar Nazi.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...280060154#6280060154

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16123 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no need for it, as I haven't used vacuum tube's in years.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

While I've no use for it myself, I've a childhood buddy that's still in the area that's still seriously into the old hardware that uses the things it's for. If nobody else steps up, shall I ask him if he'd like it

Please do.

Done! Awaiting reply.

I got into electronics, originally, primarily as a result of this guy's interest in it. He's the next-younger brother of a guy that was one of my two best friends in high school.

He's still messing with glow bottles. Boy, I sure wish I still had the boxes-full of those I used to have.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
spaghetti gauge !

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54724 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
If ensigmatic's guy does not want it I'll take it. I have a few vacuum tube items here.
1942 Sears Silvertone radio (finished)
1942 Zenith 10-S-669 (project in wait)
1953 Zenith H-500 Trans-Oceanic (finished)
1957 RCA New Orthophonic Hi-Fi console (need to refinish cabinet, electronics and turntable done)
1953 Hallicrafters S-38B (project in wait)
1955 Delco radio in a 1955 Buick (radio done, car not so done)

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8144 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
If ensigmatic's guy does not want it I'll take it. I have a few vacuum tube items here.
1942 Sears Silvertone radio (finished)
1942 Zenith 10-S-669 (project in wait)
1953 Zenith H-500 Trans-Oceanic (finished)
1957 RCA New Orthophonic Hi-Fi console (need to refinish cabinet, electronics and turntable done)
1953 Hallicrafters S-38B (project in wait)
1955 Delco radio in a 1955 Buick (radio done, car not so done)

Okay, you're the backup winner.