SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    TSA finds a broken play station in a carry on, treated like an explosive device, Air Port terminal evacuated on holiday weekend.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TSA finds a broken play station in a carry on, treated like an explosive device, Air Port terminal evacuated on holiday weekend. Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Typical overreach and display of "wanna-be" importance for the Tub Stacking Association.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Didn’t there used to be a member here that was TSA and would regularly try to defend and make excuses for them?

It made for some hilarity around here I know for sure! Big Grin

Posts: 33599 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I'll repeat my story about how TSA found and confiscated a butter knife in Mrs. Flash's carry on but completely missed 2 Ka-Bars that were in the same bag.

They're not security, they're security theater.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
I'll repeat my story about how TSA found and confiscated a butter knife in Mrs. Flash's carry on but completely missed 2 Ka-Bars that were in the same bag.

They're not security, they're security theater.

Oh, my mom bought a bagel from an airport vendor, and brought it through security. TSA took the plastic butter knife.

once through security, my mom went to one of the vendors in the secure area and got another butter knife.

You can't make this stuff up.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Them PlayStations are full of violence and destruction, believe you me.

Get rid of them, instruments of the Devil!!! Mad

0-0

PS: Xbox rules! Wink

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My brother is a UPS pilot. He mentioned to TSA that it was funny he couldn't board with a swiss army knife, but they had a crash ax in the cockpit.With a straight face he was told TSA's job was to make he couldn't get control of the aircraft.

Posts: 300 | Location: Canyon Lake, TX | Registered: December 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
So, there was some lady who had a bottle of FROZEN water at the TSA screening area.

TSA wanted to take it. She said it's not a liquid so they can't per their own policy.

Who is right?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
So, there was some lady who had a bottle of FROZEN water at the TSA screening area.

TSA wanted to take it. She said it's not a liquid so they can't per their own policy.

Who is right?

Lady passenger.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:

Who is right?

I was specifically told many years ago by TSA (when they were enforcing a zero-liquid policy even for flight crew) to freeze anything liquid or gel, and then it could be brought through since it was no longer liquid.

But, the reality is whoever the genius of the moment is manning TSA gets to make the rules. You can ask for a supervisor but don't expect a positive outcome.

Posts: 9398 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:

Who is right?

The passenger, but only if the TSA screener was awake-- or even present-- in a high school science class, ever.

To add my bit to the Why TSA Is Destined to Fail: I once watched TSA go full-secondary-inspection on a USAF Master Sergeant-- in Class A uniform-- traveling with his obviously disabled son. One of the shiny little metal thingies on his uniform? A Missileman Badge.

Bravo, TSA. And thank you for keeping us safe from the guy we entrust with nukes.

Posts: 2452 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Good lord. Stupid fucks. Long time ago the TSA thought my insulin pens were liquid bombs. If I told you what they did to those insulin pens, in original Lilly Corporation unopened packaging with prescription labels stuck on them from the originating pharmacy, you wouldn't believe it. The robotic automata of stupidity in action was surreal.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8634 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DennisM:
To add my bit to the Why TSA Is Destined to Fail:

It's a government agency. It will never fail.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by DennisM:
To add my bit to the Why TSA Is Destined to Fail:

It's a government agency. It will never fail.

Oh it's already failed, miserably. Anyone with one functioning brain cell knows airport screening does 2 things and 2 things only: gives government an excuse to say they're "doing something", and makes the traveling public (sheeple) "feel safe".

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post