SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gary Muehlberger was killed in a fire back in March
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gary Muehlberger was killed in a fire back in March Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
I did not know about this until this evening. Most probably won't know who he was. He was one of the folks on the show Port Protection of Alaska

We really enjoy that show. Especially my wife.

Gary was a many decade resident of Port Protection. Even at 75 years old he continued to fish, hunt, trap and live the life he loved.

Sounds like he may have been killed while working on his propane water heater that exploded and burned his home down. His old Dog "Trapper" survived. Not sure about his old cat.

This saddens me as Gary seemed like a great man. Someone who did it his way. The thing about him and the few residents there is they band together to help one another because that is what you do.

RIP brother. You will be missed.

The season starts on Jan. 18th and I assume Gary will be a big part of that episode.

I purposely posted in the lounge and not the lair.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19188 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting fella for sure.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1366 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The dog was adopted by another resident but I believe has since died .

Posts: 4058 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sad news....I liked him and his escapades.

Posts: 6620 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post