SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    April snow storm here in western South Dakota.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

April snow storm here in western South Dakota. Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Officially my area got 14".
With storms like this they report NWS sensor readings all over. Our total differed from downtown Rapid City.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16222 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
This kind of weather happens all the time this time of year in this region. Has since dirt was developed. Only a topic of conversation because pix can be posted and interweb discussions of unending winters commence. Yawn.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19188 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Well excuse me!

Someone piss in your Wheaties this morning?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16222 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last night it was snowing in the Yoop. And there was a thunderstorm.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16094 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Oh, it is the hoards moving in from who knows where that think it is news Razz

Nope, good bald Wink

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19188 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Officially my area got 14".
With storms like this they report NWS sensor readings all over. Our total differed from downtown Rapid City.

I suppose the fact that we had flurries on Monday here in Western WA means, like, nothing right?

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Sorry. Guess I wasn't clear. Readings were from the Black Hills and surrounding area here in SW South Dakota.

And FWIW Rapid City got 12.8". Hot Springs and others south got much much more.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

USN (RET), COTEP #192

posted Hide Post
I love the Central & Northern Plains. Gets nasty real quick, unrelenting weather if not prepared.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post