SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    April snow storm here in western South Dakota.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

April snow storm here in western South Dakota. Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
I-90 shut down as are businesses, schools, govt offices. And it is still snowing.

Looking out the front door early afternoon

Backyard same time

Winds have been whipping the snow around which is why there appears to be different depths.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16222 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Yall got a lot more than we did. I'm done with this never ending winter.

Posts: 11167 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did Martin get hit also? Black Hills?
Thank in advance.

Ps…Pine Ridge get slammed also!
Nothing out there to block the wind or elements.
Good Luck, I miss SD.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like its headed for the Yoop later tonight and tomorrow.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16094 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I plan to trailer 2 snow machines to the U.P. of MI Friday. No worries about trails, Western Marquette & Eastern Baraga Counties.

Yes, I’m ready for Spring, new tread for the motorcycle will be here soon.

Posts: 6167 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
Did Martin get hit also? Black Hills?
Thank in advance.

Ps…Pine Ridge get slammed also!
Nothing out there to block the wind or elements.
Good Luck, I miss SD.

Oh yeah Smile Accumulations thus far (still snowing) range from 11.5" to well over 2 feet depending on where you're at. With the winds drifts in some areas have been towering. Frown They also extended the I-90 closure from the Wyoming border this afternoon from Wall to all the way east to Murdo.

Update: They've now opened I90 from the Wyoming border to Rapid City but caution very icy and slippery. Pennington County is still no travel advised period.

quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
I'm done with this never ending winter.

You're not alone!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16222 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
Is this gonna delay your S2000 cruising?

Posts: 446 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RR:

Lol Winter storage is a 50-50 proposition of getting it out for Easter. Obviously this year is a no go.

A blast from the past. Queued up for the 2005 4th of July Parade in Manlius NY. Was the most distant participant there. Yeah the officials noticed my S2000 South Dakota tags. Smile

=================================================
Weather situation with pictures and videos
https://www.newscenter1.tv/weather/

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I want a little of that cold this way.

Q

Posts: 26392 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I want a little of that cold this way.

Doc I'd be glad to oblige but alas my powers aren't anywhere close to sufficient to make that happen. Big Grin

USN (RET), COTEP #192

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
That storm is gonna be a sonofabitch for lots of folks just like last week.

That snow is beautiful. Love snow.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
That snow is beautiful. Love snow.

Betcha you'd enjoy those patio furniture "snow cushions" then! hahahahahahahahahahahahaa

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
Wow ... So much for Spring and flowers ! Lots of daffidils here.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Looks like we are going to miss the heavy stuff, but we can expect some freezing rain and light snow, half inch or less.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Been snowing since 10am here. Going to snow until 10am Thursday. 12-18+" expected.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
We got a couple inches Sunday night, which was hopefully the last of the season. Although, it would not be unheard of to get another dump before it's over.

March/April to me, is like August. In August I am sick and tired of hot summer weather and begging for the cool days of fall. This time of year I am sick and tired of winter and cold weather and begging for the warmer days to get the garden planted and get some outside work done around the house. I love all the seasons...in moderation. When it's time to move on to the next one it's time to move on to the next one and we're there.

Posts: 20106 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
Originally posted by RR:

Lol Winter storage is a 50-50 proposition of getting it out for Easter. Obviously this year is a no go.

A blast from the past. Queued up for the 2005 4th of July Parade in Manlius NY. Was the most distant participant there. Yeah the officials noticed my S2000 South Dakota tags. Smile

=================================================
Weather situation with pictures and videos
https://www.newscenter1.tv/weather/

Nice picture!

Posts: 446 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ggile:
Looks like we are going to miss the heavy stuff, but we can expect some freezing rain and light snow, half inch or less.

Yeah East River dodged this storm

USN (RET), COTEP #192

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
We only got 7 inches in northern Kentucky this Winter. Been mild throughout the season. Almost to 80 degrees today and folks out on their cruiser bikes in T shirts. I hope your Spring time kicks in soon.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Utah has officially now had the snowiest winter ever on record.

I think every ski resort may have broken all their previous records for total snow accumulation. And it's still going.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post