SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I'm just going to leave this video right here for the crotchrocket speed demons among us.
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
I'm just going to leave this video right here for the crotchrocket speed demons among us. Login/Join 
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted
Not admitting what I've been up to tonight, but sometimes loud music and visceral speed combine to form a drug addictive for life... Smile

If you max out the volume you'll pay for it later......but it's worth it!

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29909 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing the guy who went off the cliff had a bad day

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38249 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Very cool. Hope that guy that went off the cliff came out ok.

Posts: 4137 | Registered: January 17, 2007Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Insanity on two wheels. Eek

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 357fuzz:
Very cool. Hope that guy that went off the cliff came out ok.

He did recovery and go race again, talking about balls of steel these guys make motor GP like child play.

Posts: 621 | Location: WA  | Registered: June 26, 2010Report This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Wicked cool. Thanks for posting

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Report This Post
I'll use the Red Key
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
The Isle of Man is bad ass

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3819 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Always wanted to attend but it will remain on my bucket list unfulfilled Frown

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16533 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
I had one of these guys pass me at 4:00am on the highway other day going about a buck twenty. It scared the crap out of me.

Good video and music though.

Posts: 2061 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Not admitting what I've been up to tonight, but sometimes loud music and visceral speed combine to form a drug addictive for life... Smile

If you max out the volume you'll pay for it later......but it's worth it!

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/O2BQpljuWHY" width="420"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Up Big Cottonwood Canyon? Parleys?
Been there at speed and it is like a drug.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Report This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Wow......I was waiting for soccer Mom to back her minivan into the path.

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4279 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Report This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Eek

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11158 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Report This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
I've done that before.

Yeah, ok, so it was while sitting on my couch behind an X Box controller. A little more forgiving.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12965 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Report This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Closest I ever came was running the two lane road's seven curves between Cazanovia and Chittenango NY on my '71 Dunstall Norton Export cafe racer. OMG! Rear set peg grinder! One side of the twisties is a wall of stone. The other a sharp drop into a fast flowing creek. The stupidity of youth. Frown

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16533 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
I would like to know the physics of the bike doing the shimmy coming out of those corners when the bike breaks from the road. I'm guessing it's the intentional result of an engineering/performance trade off, but I don't have a clue. Anyone care to explain it ?

Oh yea, AC/DC, love em. The video and music are pure visceral. Makes you want to jump on a bike and do something illegal on the highway.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8931 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Report This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
When you are sliding both tires, intentionally, in a hard right hand turn...crest a rise, catch air, land, and continue to slide along your chosen line to the apex of the corner, then raise the front tire as you exit the turn...with the only thought in your head being "when can I twist it WFO?"......you should be able to show your knee and elbow sliders and get a free Wallet.

Posts: 6346 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Report This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
That was REALLY cool!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12407 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I've watched the TT for 20 years. You should have seen Joey Dunlop ride the course. He was the king. See if you can find his videos on youtube where he narrates a lap. There is one turn where he says if you don't move your head right there you'll basically decapitate yourself.

Scroll down and find the statue photo.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joey_Dunlop

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12963 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Report This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Bikes, speed, turns, AC/DC.....
Only things missing is bagpipes. Smile

Posts: 6346 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Report This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
14 days until the 2017 Isle of Man TT. A trip to th erace is a bucket list item for me too. I want to stay long enough to take a ride around the course - at well under 200 mph though. My balls are man sized but not Isle of Man sized.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1797 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Report This Post