SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I'm just going to leave this video right here for the crotchrocket speed demons among us.
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
I'm just going to leave this video right here for the crotchrocket speed demons among us. Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
John Mcguinness is out of the TT after multiple fractures (ribs, leg) crashing at the NW200. Frown. This sucks. I was wondering how the new CBR1000RR would stack up against the new GSX-R1000 at the TT in the hands of a INCREDIBLY capable rider.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21238 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I've written about my 60-into-a-stopped-car motorcycle accident in 1985. It shouldn't have been survivable, but I did, with only minor injuries (at the time). Just last week I met another rider who had a similar accident at about 30 mph, who survived slightly injured. Until then, I had not met anyone else who had a similar accident and lived.

So if we are going to show the TT, lets bring in the late Dr. John Hinds to discuss the mechanisms of injury in motorcycle road racing.

Cases from the races

More cases from the races

Crack the Chest, Get Crucified

Sadly, in 2015 Dr. Hinds was killed responding to an injured motorcycle rider at the Skerries 100. I would have enjoyed knowing him.

Back now to the TT

And onboard a full lap,no crash on a 600cc (170 mph):

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32053 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Would that be on route 13? I have fished both those places.

quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Closest I ever came was running the two lane road's seven curves between Cazanovia and Chittenango NY on my '71 Dunstall Norton Export cafe racer. OMG! Rear set peg grinder! One side of the twisties is a wall of stone. The other a sharp drop into a fast flowing creek. The stupidity of youth. Frown

Posts: 2061 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Report This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10558 | Registered: December 30, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Never in that league, but I once rode with that attitude. Now I am old and ride a slow trike, but I refuse to stop riding.

Posts: 17261 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Report This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post

https://youtu.be/4kstEvBVCUo

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18094 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Report This Post