SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    'I cannot teach in Florida': LGBTQ educators fear fallout from new school law
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

'I cannot teach in Florida': LGBTQ educators fear fallout from new school law Login/Join 
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
This is one of the reasons my kids go to a Christian school, at least until they start 9th grade. Of course I am broke, but my kids are better off for it.

When I was in school they knew people were having sex and were teaching us, in Health class, on STDs. Trying to scare us into not having sex. I dont mind this type of teaching. Though this should be taught by the parents at home.

However pulling little kids into the guidance councilors office without parents permission regarding the kids gender is going too far.

To all you teachers quitting - Thank you.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3869 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gjgalligan:
in kindergarten through grade 3

It should be Kindergarten through 12th grade.
The only people talking to children about these topics should be their parents or people approved by the parents.

But if parents won’t teach their kids that it’s normal for a man to really be a woman, and marry a woman, who will? If parents won’t take their children to a “doctor” to begin a sex change after these lessons at age 15, who will?

https://mynorthwest.com/329665...ry-parental-consent/

Teachers who feel they cannot teach under such restrictions should not teach.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P220 Smudge,

Posts: 17166 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
More of this filth needs to be washed away from the kids.

Are you actually suggesting they have to teach proper grammar, spelling, science, math and history?
They would have to go back to school themselves as they either forgot that or never learned it in the first place.

Posts: 9524 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
I was referring to the teachers who threatened to quit when I said GTFO, not to smschulz. Sorry if there was a misunderstanding.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10491 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Link to HB 1557

In case anyone would like to read the bill, not only does it protect our youngest students from teachers who feel the need to teach sexual orientation lessons, it provides remedies to the parents of said students in court.

The "don't say gay" bill never once mentions gay, of course the SM crusaders have latched onto that phrase, and their protectors in the media have tried to make it a story of R evil against gays.

Lucky most parents do not want this stuff in schools being taught by people who's empowered themselves with a sick agenda.

And like Disney, DeSantis has stood firm and told them to f-off... Love it..

Posts: 23489 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is amazing at how a small part of the population can have so much say into how they progress there agenda. They are sick and twisted. Small children probably don't even realize they can't be a dinosaur when they grow up,let alone what gender/preference they want to be.

Posts: 6891 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Link to HB 1557

In case anyone would like to read the bill, not only does it protect our youngest students from teachers who feel the need to teach sexual orientation lessons, it provides remedies to the parents of said students in court.

The "don't say gay" bill never once mentions gay, of course the SM crusaders have latched onto that phrase, and their protectors in the media have tried to make it a story of R evil against gays.

Lucky most parents do not want this stuff in schools being taught by people who's empowered themselves with a sick agenda.

And like Disney, DeSantis has stood firm and told them to f-off... Love it..

When this bill first came out I read all seven pages of it twice trying to figure out what the problem was.
When I could not figure it out I read it a third time thinking I missed something, I did not.
It took me less than 15 minutes total.
Maybe some of the people who are making comments about this bill, but have not read it should, and then shut up about the fake narrative, and grow up.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2573 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
no great loss

they were never teachers to begin with

Posts: 53200 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post