SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Montblanc pens-good source?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Montblanc pens-good source? Login/Join 
The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room
Picture of Rigby470
posted
I am wanting to get a Montblanc ballpoint. Any of you guys into pens and know a good source? Thanks in advance!

========================

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Home Firearm Safety Instructor
NRA Range Officer
NRA Life Member

Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #13-943

Posts: 1103 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered mine form Montblanc. Made the mistake of ordering refills from a different source. Dried up cartridges. I have been pleased with them over the decades. They write well and with the price you do not let others borrow them.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out Vanness Pens located in Little Rock. It is one of the best pen shops in the country. I have ordered fountain pens and ink from them, they are a family owned, classy operation.

If you think you can, YOU WILL!!!!!

Posts: 3833 | Location: Wolverine-Land!!!! | Registered: August 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
I have never ordered anything from them but I know Jomashop sells them.
They are a grey market dealer so no guarantee from the company however the prices are less than regular retail. Also their choices are a lot less than a regular retail store.
It is at least worth a look.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mountblanc pens are a high ticket item and very much subject to knockoffs. Either order from them or a reputable jeweler. There is a grey market for them just like a Porsche. Vanness does not seem to sell Montblanc. At least I could not find them or their website.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fountain Pen Hospital in NYC.

https://www.fountainpenhospital.com/

Posts: 636 | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Montblanc from Montblanc only, I have pens, business card holder, and watches, only from Montblanc themselves.

Posts: 2770 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I got mine directly from Montblanc.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Ordered direct but sadly had to return my Starwalker. I couldn’t stand the clicky tip on the one I had. Sure looked nice though.

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
Forget the pen. I need a refill. I’ve walked into a Montblanc store to buy legit Montblanc refills at $15 a pop that were scratchy, dry, and unpleasant to write with.

Granted, it’s a ball point, not a fountain. But I’ve honestly had a better writing experience from a Uniball.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Meh.

Buy a LAMI Safari fountain pen with a medium nib and call it a day.

You’ll save a ton of money and get a better writing experience.

But a few bottles of ink from Noodlers and you’ll still be far far ahead in value.

0:01

Posts: 4206 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Did someone say Montblanc? This is my pared down collection. I gave my StarLink ones away.

If you're worried about getting a fake, I would order directly from Montblanc.

I've had their ballpoints, fine liners, pencils, roller ball pens, and fountain pens. But I must say their ballppoints are nothing to write home about other than it's a Montblanc. I had to use ballpoints as I worked in a regulatory environment. But I used my roller ball or fountain pens whenever I could.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post