SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Another one over the Rainbow Bridge
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another one over the Rainbow Bridge Login/Join 
posted
Years ago (in 2004), I went out of town to pick up a cat from a rescue agency. My mother wanted one that looked Siamese, but didn't need to be pure bred as they do sometimes have health issues. Katrina fit in easily. She was more independent - usually wanted to be next to someone or behind a head in an easy chair.

Mom passed away just over 9 years ago. Katrina was best buddies with the dog in the house. Dad was more a dog person than a cat person, but would put food and and take care of things. A few years ago, Katrina decided that Dad was hers, and started working on him. She was never one to curl up - she liked to hunker down for a while. She would jump up on Dad's lap - eventually, Dad would let her stay there. In fact, Dad would usually get up to lock the front door when I left. One night, he told me he couldn't lock the door because the cat was on his lap. I knew she had won him over at that point.

She was also fearless - my nephew's corgi pestered Katrina one day, and she casually reached out and batted the dog on the nose. The next time the corgi came over, he started jumping in front of her. Katrina took one step, and the dog went hiding behind a coffee table. Katrina ran over and was ready to play.

She lost some weight recently. I called and got a same-day appointment earlier today. The vet set up some tests and prescriptions. We took Katrina home, but she passed away a few hours later. Katrina was about a month shy of being 17 1/2 years old.

Here is a picture of Katrina a few months ago. I think Dad will be OK since he still has the dog, but the dog is also older (German Shepherd mix about 11 years old).

Note: See below - sigmonkey has kindly posted her picture.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SigSAC,

Posts: 2775 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Know that Katrina will live forever within you, condolences.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8354 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
R.I.P. Katrina. Almost making 17 & 1/2 years is a good run but it is still sad when they go.

Posts: 3156 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Katrina

Her pic can hang out on my server.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43911 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9368 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Very sorry for your loss.

Posts: 12924 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
Very sorry for your loss.

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enjoy Computer Living
Picture of LoungeChair
posted Hide Post
She lived a good long happy life.
Good on you and your folks for providing a caring and loving home.

-Loungechair

Posts: 676 | Registered: October 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Here’s our “feral” barn cat Beaker (she meeps like the muppet). For a couple years she was skittish and wanted no physical contact. My wife is a regular Ellie Mae Clampett and there’s no animal on the planet that can resist her for long. Once the little furball discovered warm laps and head scratches it was all over with. They’re amazing little critters. Katrina had a long and happy life with your family. Thanks to your dad for letting her own him.

Posts: 13746 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
RIP Katrina and our condolences to you.

Posts: 3734 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
RIP Katrina and sorry for your loss.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I am sorry the cat is gone. I like cats, and Siamese in particular.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your and your dad's loss Frown Katrina sounds like she was a heckuva sweet kitty Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I say with a heavy heart, my sincerest condolences, RIP sweet Katrina. Cats are pretty cool, mine trained me in no time flat Smile

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
My condolences on your fathers loss of Katrina.

Posts: 11149 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Very sorry. Cats are so cool. They are just so special. She is beautiful and as they all are. So full of personality. Unique as it is to them.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19218 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
So sorry she knew she was loved.

Posts: 2778 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post