SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    HOA threatens homeowner after car leaves an unusual shape in snow
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HOA threatens homeowner after car leaves an unusual shape in snow Login/Join 
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted
Complainant was worried about the children...

https://www.foxnews.com/us/hoa...shape-in-snow-report

Posts: 26942 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
The head of the HOA has their mind in the gutter.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Too bad there is no way to hammer level discipline an HOA for stupid shit like this.

Busybodies with no purpose in life other than to piss people off.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34139 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I would wager there is more to this story. Like a personal vendetta.

Posts: 6308 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
where do people get the time to whine about shit like this?

Make it count

Posts: 1415 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: November 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
They need to be pushed into a live volcano, then they need to be fined for unauthorized use of a live volcano.

Posts: 107731 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Yeah, and then get fined for stopping up all the volcanoes with all those busybodies? Big Grin

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Oh the children.. think of the children! ”

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
It's worth dealing with things like this because she doesn't have to look at any pink houses.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15729 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
Pfft, that’s barely even dick-shaped. Now, in my old neighborhood there were a couple new homes going up down the street, and some kind soul spray painted a schlong about eight feet long on the drywall of the garage in black spray paint. Of course, there was no garage door on the house yet, so it was just a nice tribute to the male form that conveniently faced the road so everyone got to see it.

Did anyone call the HOA? Were panties wadded? Were pearls clutched? Nope. After the work crew didn’t take care of it after a day or two, I walked down to the house with a can of high-hide primer and gave them a free coat of paint on the affected section of wall.

Couple days later I saw the owners walking around the house as I was driving home. I stopped and let them know about the art installation someone had given them, and that I had painted over it. They said thanks and that was the end of it.

That was even an intentional dick, and was waaaay more obvious than the snow phallus in the OP. If no one raised hell or even sent sternly worded letters over our 8’ garage wang, there was no need to flip out over ‘ole stubby the snow wiener either.

- Bret

Posts: 2467 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
"We Will Control Every Facet Of Your Life And You Will Submit."
A good idea sometimes goes way too far. Unions, HOAs, Elected officials, and on and on.

Oh, before some union guy complains, I was a forced member of 4 different unions my entire career, so I know first hand.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Give certain people power, and they will find some way to exercise it.

I realize that sometimes we have little choice about where and how we live, but every time I learn of something like this, I can only wonder at the number of people who not only submit to such regimentation, but actually seek it out.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47414 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
That's no snow dick, we made real snow dicks in college. Pledges were required to make six foot tall snow dicks every time it snowed when we were in college. I'm guessing that would get somebody kicked out of school nowadays.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20843 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Big snow tits. Why aren't there any big snow tits?

Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I have a friend, an attorney, who used to live in an HOA. One summer, his front yard’s street lamp’s bulb burned out and he didn’t get around to replacing it. After about 10 days, he got a super nasty letter from the HOA threatening a lawsuit, penalties, etc. if he didn’t replaced it immediately. Unfortunately for them, across the street from his house was the HOA’s clubhouse and the back security light had been out all summer and yes the HOA was aware their bulb was burned out. To teach the HOA a lesson, his response to their letter was to sue them for breach of the HOA’s CC&Rs because they hadn’t replaced their bulb but were threatening him over a burned out bulb. Not surprisingly, the HOA backed down really fast, apologized, and replaced their bulb and then he replaced his. We had and still have a good laugh about what happened. He moved about a year later.

Posts: 12475 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
It would be easier to kick some snow around.

What will the reaction be if the Oscar Meyer Wiener car shows up?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5967 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:

I realize that sometimes we have little choice about where and how we live, but every time I learn of something like this, I can only wonder at the number of people who not only submit to such regimentation, but actually seek it out.

I cannot imagine the amenity that would have to be offered for me to put up with the kind of ridiculous crap that goes with HOAs.

Posts: 8962 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
It would be easier to kick some snow around.

In the time it took to generate the violation notice I'm sure the sun took care of it.

From time to time I think about moving south to FL. Then most of the newer homes are in gated communities that control everything from the type of scrub permitted to the weight of your dog if they even permit them.

Then I remember how much I hated it when I lived there in the early 70's not being a fan of heat and humidity.

Besides, looks more like a dog bone to me.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post