SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Schumer Lies about Infanticide Ban in Remarks on Senate Floor
Page 1 2 3 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Schumer Lies about Infanticide Ban in Remarks on Senate Floor Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
The legislation we are debating today is just the latest salvo in the far right wing assault on a women’s constitutionally protected right to an abortion.
- Sen. Mazie Hirono (D, HI)

Daily Signal Article on the Vote

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
They are truly vile people.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Report This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
For those who believe in the New Testament, Revelations 6:15-17 comes to mind with regard to those who glory in using their power and authority to hurt the innocent.

John describes what he saw when the Lord opened the 6th seal:

15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
How many Republicans voted against it?
None, according to the chart. There were 3 who did not vote, though.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Keep in mind that I am not a Christian; but I see the USA headed towards a reckoning of "Biblical proportions".
A society simply cannot reach the point where it questions things like "men can be woman" and "should babies be kept alive" without having descended into "depravity". And a depraved society simply cannot continue to function.

It will probably take only a small precipitating event.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Report This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Interesting ALL the Presidential Candidates voted to deny medical treatment to newborn babies, speaks volumes!

That is a list that will appear, in another time and another place, and another form, for other purposes. I can assure those so enrolled, they will wish mightily that their names were not on it, but they cannot now be erased, and I will weep for them.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
There were 3 who did not vote, though.

WE want NAMES!!!

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Report This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crom:
quote:

WE want NAMES!!!

quote:
Sens. Doug Jones of Alabama, Joe Manchin of West Virginia, and Bob Casey Jr. of Pennsylvania were the only Democrats to vote for the bill. All other 44 Democratic senators voted against the bill.

Republican Sens. Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, Tim Scott of South Carolina, and Kevin Cramer of North Dakota were not present for the vote.

From the Daily Signal article I linked at the top of this page.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
For those who believe in the New Testament, Revelations 6:15-17 comes to mind with regard to those who glory in using their power and authority to hurt the innocent.

John describes what he saw when the Lord opened the 6th seal:

15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

One of my favorite Bible memory verses:

2 Chronicles 7:14 - if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Report This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Two words.
Hippocratic Oath

So... we can just ignore and abandon what has been the moral standard for centuries when it does not fit the agenda. How convenient.

A couple of snippets

SNIP:
I will use treatment to help the sick according to my ability and judgment, but never with a view to injury and wrong-doing. Neither will I administer a poison to anybody when asked to do so, nor will I suggest such a course. Similarly I will not give to a woman a pessary to cause abortion.

SNIP:
Into whatsoever houses I enter, I will enter to help the sick, and I will abstain from all intentional wrong-doing and harm, especially from abusing the bodies of man or woman, bond or free.

(from wikipedia)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...ath#Text_of_the_oath

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Report This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't every living breathing American entitled to the Equal Protection under the 14th Amendment?

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I've never been a particularly religious person, but I've always believed that God has a special place in hell reserved for anyone who would intentionally harm a child. This certainly counts as one of those instances.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Report This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
Originally posted by Crom:
quote:

WE want NAMES!!!

quote:
Sens. Doug Jones of Alabama, Joe Manchin of West Virginia, and Bob Casey Jr. of Pennsylvania were the only Democrats to vote for the bill. All other 44 Democratic senators voted against the bill.

Republican Sens. Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, Tim Scott of South Carolina, and Kevin Cramer of North Dakota were not present for the vote.

From the Daily Signal article I linked at the top of this page.

It’s my understanding that the reason the 3 Repub senators didn’t vote was because they were caught-up in airport delays while attempting to return to WashDC. To the Dems, an unborn baby is now nothing more than a fetal parasite deserving to be terminated as an invasion upon the female body. One day, The Reckoning will arrive, and it will be terrible.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Report This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:
I've never been a particularly religious person, but I've always believed that God has a special place in hell reserved for anyone who would intentionally harm a child. This certainly counts as one of those instances.

I am a Christian and I believe the Word of God. I believe you are right.

God is slow to act because he is merciful. But that mercy doesn't last forever. Sooner or later, God will exercise his judgement. Too many people see God only as a God of love. They consider him weak. God is a God of love. After all, he let your heart beat one more time. How loving is that?

But make no mistake, God is a God of hate, too. If one loves, one must hate, and God is no exception. That talk about God loving the sinner and hating the sin? Not so much. God is a God of heat and fire and his nostrils flare at the wicked. “The LORD tests the righteous, but his soul hates the wicked and the one who loves violence” (Psalm 11:5). There is no more violent act that the murdering of the most innocent among us - pre-born and infant children - who have never committed an act vile to God.

People think the God of the Old Testament is "mean God" and they prefer the God of the New. They think that because of the way he cleared out the Promised Land of all those that dwelled there. But people don't realize what went on there in the 400 years he allowed it to be occupied by its inhabitants. Child prostitution, pedophilia, and child sacrifice. 400 years of it. God gave them a chance to repent and they wouldn't. And he killed many of them as a result. That's righteous justice.

People prefer the God of the New Testament. But make no mistake - He's the same God - He never changes.

These baby murders we have now are complacent. They think nothing will happen. It will.

But to the wicked God says,
“What right have you to tell of My statutes
And to take My covenant in your mouth?
“For you hate discipline,
And you cast My words behind you.
“When you see a thief, you are pleased with him,
And you associate with adulterers.
“You let your mouth loose in evil
And your tongue frames deceit.
“You sit and speak against your brother;
You slander your own mother’s son.
“These things you have done and I kept silence;
You thought that I was just like you;
will reprove you and state the case in order before your eyes.

“Now consider this, you who forget God,
Or I will tear you in pieces, and there will be none to deliver."
------Psalms 50:16-22

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
The Lord was clear about his love for children. Surely this applies to newborns.

Matthew 18: 1-6
1 At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?

2 And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,

3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

5 And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.

6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

It really does not get much simpler than that.

Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Unbelievable.

And these fuckers want our guns.

2 words.

Fuck. That.

4 words, Fuck. That, and, them!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
My sister in law is a big Michael Bennet supporter. Their kids are friends in Colorado. I rubbed elbows with him last year at a graduation party.

I just sent her and her husband an email, showing them the bill, and how shameful it is that Bennet doesn't support. I'm curious to see what type of excuse she comes up with.

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Report This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
The thing about the bill was that it did not address abortion. It placed no restrictions at all on abortion. It only addressed children born alive. So there was zero reason to oppose it unless there was a desire to let living children die.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
The thing about the bill was that it did not address abortion. It placed no restrictions at all on abortion. It only addressed children born alive. So there was zero reason to oppose it unless there was a desire to let living children die.
I have no doubt that is exactly what is wanted. The children covered by that law were supposed to end up aborted and unborn, and therefore were unwanted. They are still unwanted and need to be disposed of, even though the abortion failed. It is just the logical extention of the abortion process, which some of us (myself included) also consider to be murder.

Supporters of abortion constantly talk about the right of a woman to decide whether to have a baby or not. I have no problem with making that decision--however that decision should be made prior to having conception, not afterward. There are ways available to prevent conception, one of which is simple abstinence, and I'm good with most of them. Don't want a baby? Then don't make one.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post