SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Schumer Lies about Infanticide Ban in Remarks on Senate Floor
Page 1 2 3 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Schumer Lies about Infanticide Ban in Remarks on Senate Floor Login/Join 
posted
https://www.nationalreview.com...rks-on-senate-floor/

The Senate is currently debating the Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act on the floor and will vote on the legislation later this evening. The bill, sponsored by Senator Ben Sasse (R., Neb.) requires that doctors provide medical care to infants born alive after attempted abortion procedures.

Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell opened the session, saying of the bill, “It isn’t about restrictions on abortion. It isn’t about changing the options available to women. It’s just about recognizing that a newborn baby is a newborn baby, period.”

“Can the extreme far-left politics surrounding abortion really have come this far?” McConnell added. “Are we really supposed to think that it’s normal that there are now two sides debating whether a newborn, whether newborn living babies deserve medical attention?”

Shortly after McConnell’s remarks, Senate minority leader Chuck Schumer (D., N.Y.) said on the Senate floor that the born-alive bill “is carefully crafted to target, intimidate, and shut down reproductive health care providers.” He also claimed the bill “would impose requirements on what type of care doctors must provide in certain circumstances, even if that care is ineffective, contradictory to medical evidence, and against the family’s wishes.”

In fact, the bill doesn’t mandate any particular type of care for infants, and the medical specifics are left up to the judgment of the physician in each case. Instead, it enacts a requirement that newborns delivered in the context of abortion be afforded “the same degree” of care that “any other child born alive at the same gestational age” would receive.

“I urge the American people, do you own research. Read the bill. See what it says,” Schumer added later.

In a response to the Senate minority leader, Sasse delivered remarks on the floor and encouraged his Democratic colleagues to bring the bill to the floor and show where in the text it limits abortion in any way.

“This language is too blunt for many people in this body,” Sasse said. “Infanticide is what the Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act is actually about. Are we a country that protects babies that are born alive, outside the womb, after surviving a botched abortion? . . . This bill is not actually about anything that limits abortion.”

Posts: 12672 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Schumer lies, wow.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
He has been and continues to be a pathetic, disgusting, piece of shit!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16204 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
If that asshole's lips are moving, he's lying.

The bill failed BTW.

It is a sad time in this country. The left has succeeded in completely devaluing children (born and unborn). This is the first step in every genocidal action that has ever happened. First you devalue them then you slaughter them.

50,000,000 and counting.

Posts: 20097 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
The bill failed BTW.

It is a sad time in this country. The left has succeeded in completely devaluing children (born and unborn). This is the first step in every genocidal action that has ever happened. First you devalue them then you slaughter them.

50,000,000 and counting.

That's a whole lot of innocent life. Anyone who has held a baby knows how precious they are. How far we've come that many things which were abhorrent a few generations ago are defended as good things today.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Unbelievable.

And these fuckers want our guns.

2 words.

Fuck. That.

Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
I’ve pondered this thought:

If we didn’t stand up to the legalized murder of unborn children...arguably the most heinous of acts...will we really stand up to legalized confiscation/infringement of our firearms/2A rights?

I don’t really expect any answers but that thought stopped me cold.

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
He also claimed the bill “would impose requirements on what type of care doctors must provide in certain circumstances, even if that care is ineffective, contradictory to medical evidence, and against the family’s wishes.”

Here's the bill. https://www.congress.gov/bill/...house-bill/4712/text

It certainly does impose requirements on what type of care doctors must provide in certain circumstances. Those circumstances being birth. A doctor must provide care to a living baby. Novel huh?

In other words, Schumer is saying that a doctor should not have to provide care to a baby who is born, breathing, and out of the womb, if the abortion failed - if the family doesn't want the baby to live, or they think the baby won't live.

In other words, they can make a determination whether to save a living baby.

So yes, Schumer is a POS.

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Dems block 'born alive' bill to provide medical care to infants who survive failed abortions

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...ve-a-failed-abortion

Senate Democrats on Monday blocked a Republican bill that would have threatened prison time for doctors who don't try saving the life of infants born alive during abortions, leading conservatives to wonder openly whether Democrats were embracing "infanticide" to appeal to left-wing voters.

All prominent Democratic 2020 presidential hopefuls in the Senate voted down the measure, including Bernie Sanders of Vermont, Kamala Harris of California, Cory Booker of New Jersey, Kirsten Gillibrand of New York, Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota and Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts. The final vote was 53-44 to end Democratic delaying tactics -- seven votes short of the 60 needed.

The Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act would have required that "any health care practitioner present" at the time of a birth "exercise the same degree of professional skill, care, and diligence to preserve the life and health of the child as a reasonably diligent and conscientious health care practitioner would render to any other child born alive at the same gestational age."

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
· 56m

Senate Democrats just voted against legislation to prevent the killing of newborn infant children. The Democrat position on abortion is now so extreme that they don’t mind executing babies AFTER birth....

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

....This will be remembered as one of the most shocking votes in the history of Congress. If there is one thing we should all agree on, it’s protecting the lives of innocent babies.
8:50 PM - Feb 25, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

18.9K people are talking about this

The bill, which exempted the mother involved in the birth from prosecution, also would have required practitioners to "ensure that the child born alive is immediately transported and admitted to a hospital." It prescribed a possible term of imprisonment of up to five years for violations, not including penalties for first-degree murder that could have applied.

In response, President Trump tweeted late Monday that "This will be remembered as one of the most shocking votes in the history of Congress."

"Senate Democrats just voted against legislation to prevent the killing of newborn infant children," Trump wrote. "The Democrat position on abortion is now so extreme that they don’t mind executing babies AFTER birth."

Other Republicans were also incredulous. "I want to ask each and every one of my colleagues whether or not we're OK with infanticide," said the measure's chief sponsor, Sen. Ben Sasse, R-Neb.

Speaking to Fox News' "The Story" after the vote, Sasse said he was "surprised" at each vote against the bill, and charged that opponents had lied "constantly" with "blatant nonsense" about the legislation -- specifically, by claiming the bill "would end abortion" entirely.
At least 20 abortion cases are in the pipeline to the Supreme Court
At least 20 abortion cases are in the pipeline to the Supreme Court

Constitutional law attorney Jenna Ellis weighs in on the possibility of Roe v. Wade being overturned.

"This is about the most simple thing you can say, which is that a baby is a baby, and they have dignity and worth," Sasse said. "And it's not because they're powerful. It's because they're babies. Today is a sad day in the United States Senate."

Sasse added, "This shouldn't be about politics. ... This should be about having heart."

Other pro-life activists called on the 44 senators who voted against Sasse's bill to resign immediately.

“Senators who could not bring themselves to vote to pass the Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act should reconsider whether or not they have what it takes to serve," March for Life President Jeanne Mancini said in a statement. "Senator Sasse’s common sense bill would merely require doctors assist a newborn struggling to survive after a failed attempt on her life. Anyone who lacks the basic level of human compassion needed to vote in favor of this should quickly find another job. We look forward to a vote in the House of Representatives so that Chamber can get on record as well.”

Opponents, noting the rarity of such births and citing laws already making it a crime to kill newborn babies, said the bill was unnecessary. They said it was part of a push by abortion opponents to curb access to the procedure and intimidate doctors who perform it, and said late-term abortions generally occur when the infant is considered incapable of surviving after birth.

Sasse's bill would have faced an uphill battle in the House, where Democrats hold the majority.

Posts: 12672 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Most despicable and disgusting thing I've yet seen out of Congress. How vile

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30406 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
I would be fully supportive of this concept had the denial of medical efforts been effected on the failed abortion that is Chuck Schumer.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
All one has to do is read the verses from Isaiah in my tag line and know where this country is headed. Might I add [paraphrased], “What you do to the least of these, you do unto Me.”

There WILL be weeping and gnashing of teeth...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Good on Trump. Trump is only president in modern history that has taken any kind of a moralistic stand against abortion. We may debate his faith, but he's right in his growing passion against the butchery of pre-born children.

Anyone that could oppose mandatory medical care for children born alive is, in the truest sense, evil.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Interesting ALL the Presidential Candidates voted to deny medical treatment to newborn babies, speaks volumes!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8347 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Report This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Most despicable and disgusting thing I've yet seen out of Congress. How vile

Very accurate description. However, every time I think that, they quickly outdo themselves with something even more vile.

How can even the most rabid pro-abortion activist think that killing a newborn is OK? If it were a puppy or a kitten there'd be universal outrage.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
How many Republicans voted against it?

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
I don't understand the infanticide blood thirst of democrats.

What do they get out of murdering babies?

Posts: 8618 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
Because, the old, weak and frail are next.

Posts: 5736 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tuckerrnr1:
Because, the old, weak and frail are next.

...and then they came for me.

Posts: 20097 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post