SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    *Update* Puppy's 6 Mos. old today / New addition to the family (K9), for Christmas.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

*Update* Puppy's 6 Mos. old today / New addition to the family (K9), for Christmas. Login/Join 
Picture of Tooky13
posted
Went to a local rescue shelter on Thursday that had just posted their ‘adoptables’ and she was one of them. Big crowd and a number of them wanted her, so they held a lottery. My wife had tears when they pulled her name, very exciting. Nine weeks old and 5 ½ lbs. The mother had died when she gave birth and the two sisters had to be bottle fed by the foster mom. The shelter believes she’s mostly terrier. For fun, we’re going to run her DNA to find out for sure.

**UPDATE**

Our rescue girl, Ellie, turned 6 months today. She's up to 17 lbs, and we're not sure where she'll end up, size wise. Her DNA showed she's made up of 15 breeds and could be anywhere from 18 to 30lbs. A real pistol and keeps us hoppin', but a joy to our empty nest home!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tooky13,

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1314 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats. She's a cute little gal.

Posts: 6894 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
She is a cutie, Merry Christmas to all on that gift.

Archerman

Posts: 2488 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
Congrats. She's a cute little gal.

He is. Everyone loves a puppy.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
She is beautiful. We need more pictures. Big Grin

Posts: 17905 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Very cute puppy. Congratulations on the rescue.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
She is beautiful. We need more pictures. Big Grin

Ok, here's a couple more...

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1314 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Love puppy pictures but I thought at first it was going to be Kahr K9. A fine pistol and a fine pup!

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2776 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Sweet. She says, if you are done Dad, I'll just take a short nap. I think she will be a great pet friend.

Posts: 17905 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Too cute!

No tennis ball will be safe in the Tooky house!

Posts: 9165 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
You will each make the other very happy. A fine looking pup.

Posts: 5627 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Goodness, what a cutie. The story about your wife crying is cool and totally believable. There are pet lovers and then there are pet lovers Wink Congrats. Bet she will be and outstanding pup. Train her up right.

Name?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19223 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
What a sweetiepie! Congratulations!

Posts: 1219 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!
Congratulations.
What a great Christmas present.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
❄️☃️

Posts: 3155 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ya' ought to name her Nick.

Posts: 368 | Registered: January 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Envious here....gorgeous pup !

Posts: 935 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tenacious
Tempestuous
with Integrity
posted Hide Post
Great pics of a lovely pup!

Posts: 794 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Goodness, what a cutie. The story about your wife crying is cool and totally believable. There are pet lovers and then there are pet lovers Wink Congrats. Bet she will be and outstanding pup. Train her up right.

Name?

We've had a dozen, or more, dogs over the years and this is the first girl. I gave my wife the honors of picking a name and she chose "Ellie".

Abraham Lincoln

Picture of Oregon
posted Hide Post
Oh my goodness! Big Grin

What a little cutie!

"Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?"
-Dr. Thaddeus Venture

Posts: 6090 | Location: PDX | Registered: May 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post