SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    *Update* Puppy's 6 Mos. old today / New addition to the family (K9), for Christmas.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

*Update* Puppy's 6 Mos. old today / New addition to the family (K9), for Christmas. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your beautiful girl, what a great gift for Christmas

Posts: 460 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Congrats on that cutie....Now the question is who rescued who?????????? ............... drill sgt.

Posts: 2021 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Great looking pup.

Posts: 9533 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How refreshing to hear that a animal shelter has to run a lottery for an adoption.

Make it count

Posts: 1415 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: November 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lotto dog! Thats a great Christmas story!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16110 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
A cutie for sure. She looks happy and content in her new forever home.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Congratulations.

There is nothing like a Puppy!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36843 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The bit about your wife reminded me of this cute little story:

Puppy Size
Danielle keeps repeating it over and over again. “We’ve been back to this animal shelter at least five times. It has been weeks now since we started all of this,” the mother told the volunteer.

“What is it she keeps asking for?”, the volunteer asked.

“‘Puppy size!'” replied the mother.

“Well, we have plenty of puppies, if that’s what she’s looking for.”

“I know… we have seen most of them”, the mom said in frustration.

Just then Danielle came walking into the office

“Well, did you find one?” asked her mom. “No, not this time,” Danielle said with sadness in her voice. “Can we come back on the weekend?”

The two women looked at each other, shook their heads and laughed.

“You never know when we will get more dogs. Unfortunately, there’s always a supply,” the volunteer said.

Danielle took her mother by the hand and headed to the door. “Don ‘t worry, I’ll find one this weekend,” she said.

Over the next few days both Mom and Dad had long conversations with her.

They both felt she was being too particular. “It’s this weekend or we’re not looking any more,” Dad finally said in frustration.

“We don’t want to hear anything more about ‘puppy size’, either,” Mom added.

Sure enough, they were the first ones in the shelter on Saturday morning. By now Danielle knew her way around, so she ran right for the section that housed the smaller dogs.

Tired of the routine, mom sat in the small waiting room at the end of the first row of cages. There was an observation window so you could see the animals during times when visitors weren’t permitted.

Danielle walked slowly from cage to cage, kneeling periodically to take a closer look. One by one the dogs were brought out and she held each one.

One by one she said, “Sorry, but you’re not the one.”

It was the last cage on this last day in search of the perfect pup.

The volunteer opened the cage door and the child carefully picked up the dog and held it closely. This time she took a little longer.

“Mom, that’s it! I found the right puppy! He’s the one! I know it!” She screamed with joy. “It’s the puppy size!”

“But it’s the same size as all the other puppies you held over the last few weeks,” Mom said.

“No…not size… The sighs. When I held him in my arms, he sighed”, she said.

“Don ‘t you remember? When I asked you one day what love is, you told me love depends on the sighs of your heart. The more you love, the bigger the sigh!”

The two women looked at each other for a moment. Mom didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. As she stooped down to hug the child, she did a little of both.

“Mom, every time you hold me, I sigh. When you and Daddy come home from work and hug each other, you both sigh. I knew I would find the right puppy if it sighed when I held it in my arms”, she said.

Then, holding the puppy up close to her face, she said, “Mom, he loves
me. I heard the sighs of his heart!”

Close your eyes for a moment and think about the love that makes you sigh. I not only find it in the arms of my loved ones, but in the caress of a sunset, the kiss of the moonlight and the gentle brush of cool air on a hot day. Take the time to stop and listen; you will be surprised at what you hear. ‘Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Posts: 520 | Location: Ocala, FL | Registered: October 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
She is a cutie!

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
Nothing warms my heart more than a dog in a loving home. Welcome to your new addition.

Clipper, I've never heard that story. But frequently say my favorite sound is the sigh of a dog. Sweet story

Posts: 2629 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Great story and she's so cute!! I think you both hit the lottery.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3403 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Update on our rescue puppy, see pg. 1

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1314 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
She started out as a beautiful puppy and has grown into a beautiful dog. I hope she stays healthy and happy for many years.

Posts: 17905 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
she is stunning, thanks for the update

Posts: 2629 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Adorable. Just adorable. Smile

Posts: 4987 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Shop. Adopt.
Picture of hapevo
posted Hide Post
She is absolutely beautiful. Smile

"Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever." - Karen Davison

"Man can measure the values of his own soul in the look of the eyes of an animal he's helped" - Author Unkown

Posts: 1524 | Location: NorCal | Registered: April 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
At 6 months for a small breed, she’s pretty dang close to full grown size, she’ll maybe fill out a little. She’s damn cute and looks sharp as a tack.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5334 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post