SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Time For The Kitties To Cross That Bridge.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Time For The Kitties To Cross That Bridge. Login/Join 
posted
Today is an awful day in the Bytes house. Our rescue kitties are 17 years old (or older???) and have been going down hill fast. They have lost their appetites and are just skin and bones. We called our vet and he is coming by this morning to give them the shot. We thought it best to cut down on the stress by having the vet come to our home. I'm going to miss those two boys. Both are always waiting for the wife and I at the door when we get home from work. That is going to be to like a gut punch for a while not seeing them and reaching down to pat them on the head. The boys are absolutely forbidden to get on our bed but somehow they always seem to be between us when we wake up Big Grin That's going to be very difficult too. Damn, I am just numb this morning but it is for the best. The old saying "They give you the best years of your life and the worst day of your life" is really ringing true.

Posts: 7561 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear. It is so difficult to let them go.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry brother! Sad days indeed . . .

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Sorry Bytes, I know this must be really hard for you guys.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20830 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry, my friend.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5483 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I'm so sad to read this, Bytes Frown You have Mrs. ensigmatic's and my condolences.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
So sorry Bytes. It is tuff. Take the time need to grieve. It is a real rough thing to go through. We have been though this a lot in the last couple of years. Frown

Prayers sent for peace and comfort.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19196 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Sorry your having to do this. We just a few months ago lost our 17 year old little girl. Her brother isn't far behind her.

Posts: 18040 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Sorry this is happening to your family, let alone a double dose of it. I just had my 17 year old male cat euthanized in June. He was going downhill fast and I needed to end his suffering. What you are doing is the same thing. Ending suffering. Keep focusing on that aspect of it.

Posts: 3154 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
There are thousands of cats praying to replace them.

Adopt three more.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31455 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
It's the right thing to do, but it's so hard to do. Bless you.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30698 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
So very sorry.

Posts: 2778 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I'm so very sorry for you.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5689 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My condolences.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16101 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry.

Grief is the indicator of how much you love them.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34126 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Im so sorry to hear this.

Posts: 5697 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
so sorry for your loss!!

my best friend for 16years crossed the rainbow bridge june 10th, i feel your pain!!

Posts: 2217 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this, it's the toughest part of having any pet.
You're doing the right thing by not waiting too long but it's very hard at the time. I'm sure in a few days you'll realize that but it's difficult in the moment.

Posts: 9524 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
It's the right thing to do, but it's so hard to do. Bless you.

I couldn’t say it any better. My rescue kitty. She lived to age 21. Here doing her Godzilla act:

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8977 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Condolences to the Bytes household. Frown It's one of the hardest things about life. BTDT...Had to put my 2 boys down in 2003 after 18 years.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post