SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    UPDATE in OP (05SEP2018) As I sit here in my mom's hospital room watching her die...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UPDATE in OP (05SEP2018) As I sit here in my mom's hospital room watching her die... Login/Join 
Picture of Censored
posted
Jeez, 2018 has been a very challenging year, blood clots, cancer, and now my mom has taken a huge turn for the worse. Her wishes were to have no heroic measures (she was able to verbalize this) and now I am having to ensure that interventions are withheld and comfort measures only are provided. We look through her phone and see that my wife and I were the only ones who ever called her. My sister has not talked to her in 20 years. She finally came to see my mom and it was too late. If you struggle with a relationship, make amends before its too late my friends.

Please pray that my mom passes quickly and without pain.

UPDATE: Thanks, everyone for your support. She passed away today very peacefully with her family present. The nurses at Jewish Hospital in Louisville, KY did a fantastic job of keeping her pain free until she passed.

I agreed with her decision and upheld her wishes, but the dam was it tough. I told her to send me a sign that I did the right thing.

Carry on and thanks for the support.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Censored,

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cooger
posted Hide Post
I’m sorry. You and your mom are in my prayers.

Posts: 1516 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Sorry you are having to go through this.

Unfortunately I lost my mother before amends could be made, one of the view regrets I carry.

I wish you and her both peace.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10944 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear about your mom.

I took care of my dad up until the end. My brother ignored my calls when he passed and didn't even come to the funeral. I believe my relationship with him is damaged beyond repair.

Posts: 45381 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent.

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4361 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for your mom you and your family.

Posts: 1616 | Location: Simpsonville SC | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just having a good time
Picture of ragman
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent. I took care of my mother and then my wife until the end. Rejoice in the fact that you did all you could and choose too remember the good things.

" I didn't fail the test,I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1490 | Location: N. C. | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went through this a couple years ago, heart wrenching, but be thankful that you are able to be with her. My prayers are for her comfort and yours.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers for peace and comfort sent.

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you and your family.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you and your family, Censored.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Prayers for comfort in her time left.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20830 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for you and your family.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers up.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayer's to your mom, you and family.

Looks like she raised a terrific son. Be very proud of that!!

Rob

Posts: 3483 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just An Old Guy
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for you and your family.

What can one man do? You never know until you try.

Posts: 1975 | Location: VA | Registered: November 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for Mom, you and your family. May she Rest In Peace.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers to you and your family...

Posts: 716 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Take comfort that you are with her and doing the most you can.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8113 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
Never really understood why at eulogies, we are told how wonderful somebody WAS
Tell them now...

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.

Posts: 1309 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post