SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    LG Dishwasher - Disable Song Tones
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LG Dishwasher - Disable Song Tones Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted
Our LG Dishwasher (unsure of model number) plays songs instead of beeps for power on/off, and at the end of cycle.

The on/off I don't necessarily mind, but dislike the "I'm done" song at the end.

The LG site says to hold the half load button for 3 seconds to turn off all chimes, but I get nothing with the DW on or off.

Any other method?

Edit: Model Number LDP7808BD

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15130 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I’d be interested in a fix for the washer dryer also.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12400 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
I’d be interested in a fix for the washer dryer also.

Luckily, our W/D are Whirlpool.
Our LG double oven has songs too, but the LG microwave is just beeps.

Posts: 15130 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
The beeping alone is annoying enough. A song would make me want to put a 9MM through it.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:

The beeping alone is annoying enough. A song would make me want to put a 9MM through it.
If it's made in U.S.A., use a .45 ACP, not one of those metric bullets.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30519 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:

If it's made in U.S.A., use a .45 ACP, not one of those metric bullets.

Good point.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Update: Enabling 'night dry' has disabled the cycle finished song.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I shot a dishwasher. Long time ago. Statute of limitations and all that.

No, really, I did. Kenmore. Sent that sumbitch off to eternity.

Posts: 107222 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Big Grin
Hopefully said dw was not currently in the house when it was dispatched to eternity.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Our Microwave does that, you can open the door and remove the food at the end of a cook, but you HAVE to press the "I'm Done Now" button or it will continue to play the "you cooked some stuff and I'm gonna keep playing this tune" song.

Seriously, if you open the door it should end the chime/song not like you can't put a switch there...

Arrrgh...

Posts: 23207 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Big Grin
Hopefully said dw was not currently in the house when it was dispatched to eternity.
It was in the house. In my mother's kitchen, in my father's house.

The only negligent discharge I've ever had. It's coming up on 50 years since that happened.

My father's J.P. Sauer single action revolver in .357. Imported by Hawes. I unloaded the cylinder to play with the revolver, but I missed a round.

If you think full-power .357 magnum is loud when touched off inside a house, it's even louder when you're not expecting it.

I put a Remington 158 grain softpoint right through the door of my mother's brand new Kenmore dishwasher. Avocado green, very popular at the time. I blew Tupperware into next week.

I have turned that mistake into a half century of safe gun handling. I handle loaded firearms every day, and "careful" doesn't even begin to cover it.

My father knew I had learned my lesson, so he told my mother that he was the one who did it. I didn't ask for that, he just did it.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107222 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Eek
Oh, my.
Yeah, that'll change your safe handling procedures, for sure.

posted Hide Post
I used to work with a guy that lived in Korea for two years .He said that EVERYTHING over there plays tones and music clips , etc. Toilets , appliances , vending machines ,you name it . I guess LG thinks the U.S. market likes that feature . I can do without .

Posts: 3964 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I was thinking about making a crack like "Don't worry, it's an LG, it'll stop working soon enough on it's own." Wink

But it probably won't, like key in the ignition buzzers or seat belt alarms in cars, THAT feature will probably keep working long after everything else.

I always said if they made the whole car out of what they made those 60's-70's ignition buzzers out of, they'd still be on the road driving.

Posts: 21039 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I shot a dishwasher …
… just to watch it dry the dishes?

I appreciate the stories of those of us that had NDs. It makes me get all careful again.

Posts: 45323 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Update: Enabling 'night dry' has disabled the cycle finished song.

Update 2: The LG phone app has an option to disable chimes, so now the on/off songs are gone too.

Will have to disable night dry & see if the end cycle song is gone too.