SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    DORO 824 - Anyone w/ experience, please step inside.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DORO 824 - Anyone w/ experience, please step inside. Login/Join 
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted
Good morning, all.

I'm about to introduce my MIL to the wonderful world of smartphones. She is not tech savvy, but can learn new tricks as long as they're not too complicated.

I'm personally familiar with iPhones (vs Android or other), but don't want to have to maintain an iPhone for her - mainly b/c I f'ing despise iTunes with every bit of my soul.

So... for her needs, Consumer Cellular seems the way to go for price and flexibility. They just happen to market this DORO 824 contraption.

So, if anyone has any particular experience with this phone (which seems to be well reviewed), what do you think? Is it fast enough for live streaming (Ring, in particular)?

Re: Android generally, how does the UI work beyond the on-board settings. Is there PC software to muck about with it, or something else?

Thanks.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
DORO 824

No experience with it personally, however PC Mag gives it a thumbs up for seniors and beginners, large buttons and text, ease of use, panic button, good earpiece, cons were the phone is so so and limited storage space.

http://www.pcmag.com/review/34...sy-consumer-cellular

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post