SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bad guy in Salt lake City gets put down with extreme prejudice w/video.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bad guy in Salt lake City gets put down with extreme prejudice w/video. Login/Join 
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted
https://kutv.com/news/local/sh...TlDqkzN9VKyqaChTJ5is

A suspect is dead after firing several shots at various locations around the Salt Lake Valley on Monday morning.

A 2News viewer sent this video of the shoot out between the police and the suspect.

A suspect is dead after firing several shots at various locations around the Salt Lake Valley on Monday morning. (Photo: 2News viewer video){p}{/p}

Police say the suspect first fired his weapon at a Holiday Oil gas station in Taylorsville.

He then traveled to a 7-Eleven in Salt Lake and fired the gun again.

Witnesses outside of the Sheraton Hotel at 150 W. 500 South said they heard several gunshots and saw the suspect in a white pickup truck drive away.

The suspect fled down State Street to 3300 South were he was stopped by police during a pursuit. One officer was hurt and the suspect was shot dead during an exchange of fire.

Police are still trying to piece the sequence of events together.

Authorities say the man was wanted for several armed robberies.

The director of security for the Matheson Courthouse told 2News the reports of shots fired is not related to anything at the court. Proceedings there were not interrupted and business will go about as usual.

3300 South at State Street will be temporarily closed in both directions for four to five hours, according to the Salt Lake City Police Department.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
WOW.

Suicide by Cop? It does not appear there was a way out.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36843 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
What a shame.

That looked like a nice truck, hope it wasn't damaged. Big Grin

Posts: 13129 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
I hope that agency has one huge ammo budget for the year. They burning through about a third of it in this one encounter.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
That post shooting part of the video is a textbook example of a clusterfuck. WAY too many guys approaching to clear the vehicle.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15597 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
I hope that agency has one huge ammo budget for the year. They burning through about a third of it in this one encounter.

Forget the ammo budget. Who is gonna work the road with everyone on paid administrative leave?

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guy in the Blue SUV sure had a "what the fuck do I do" moment. Drive away from the gun fire, leaving cop wide open, or sit there and hope he doesn't get shot.

Posts: 1041 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:

Forget the ammo budget. Who is gonna work the road with everyone on paid administrative leave?

Big Grin

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20830 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Over the top to say the least. Could have called in an airstrike. How many shots did the suspect get off?

Posts: 17244 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:

That made me laugh.

On a more serious note I do like the way Utah LEOs handle total shit bag situations. I know that I don't know all that goes down but it does seem like a "don't start none, don't get none". Thanks for the work you do GW.

Posts: 7561 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
What a shame.

That looked like a nice truck, hope it wasn't damaged. Big Grin

And the scumbag didn't even change his oil every 5000 miles.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8690 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
Is this the pilot episode for Fox TV’s new reality show “When Gun Battles Go Bad”?

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I have been in that very same situation several times........in Grand Theft Auto Five.

PD not taking a lot of shit that day to be sure.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7684 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Woulda been a good time to rob a bank.

Posts: 1813 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
anyone else worried that the backstop was a store with glass windows? Or am I overthinking this?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10928 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Too many were securing that truck. That was a hell of an adrenaline dump.

All I kept hearing was “hup, hup, hup” from the blues brothers.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7684 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of a comment a doc made about a guy that got shot a bunch and then run over, twice: "SOMEbody wanted that guy dead, STAT".
I hope all the officers are okay.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
love a story with a happy ending - great way to end the work day

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53197 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
So... how long does it take to bring every LEO in Utah in to town for a few minutes of shooting?

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Commentary from the videographer was pretty awesome.
“Can’t wait to tell Dave about this". lol

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4028 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post