SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Problems with the American Driver
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Problems with the American Driver Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine went to India for a month for work and he said they make the crappy drivers in the USA seem like the best drivers you've ever seen.

I think he said it was kinda like this:

Posts: 33827 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My solution to the problem with American Drivers....

Everyone at age 16 who wishes to operate a motor vehicle, get a drivers license to operate only a motorcycle, moped or scooter.

Those who survive at age 21, are considered a very skilled driver and get to operate a car/truck/SUV.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Here’s just one article on states dropping Driver’s Ed.

States Are Putting the Brakes on Driver’s Ed

We spend incredible amounts of money on education. The article Jallen posted on Betsy DeVos pointed out the growth of the Department of Education and school administrators, but they can’t find the money for this. Nor do state governments make the connection to the points made in Peter Egan’s article, that too many do not seem to understand what it means to be a courteous, conscientious, safe driver.

Posts: 13275 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
I've been a rep and road warrior for much of 30 years. There is much truth above in this thread. I have thought about this (occasionally written here) quite a bit and I see many categories, not 1-2.

My absolute worst category is the driver which deliberately screws with you when you try to go around. Cannot maintain speed, keep up or move over, or pass a truck in the rain, but if you blinker right they are on the gas and it is a drag race. If you are that driver who thinks it's your right to enforce your rules, you deserve to walk the rest of your life because this is intentional.

I think our crowded roadways lead to way too many drivers simply not learning to do much more than follow other cars. Yes, I think there are about 6 more categories to define them, but not tonight.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2009 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Here’s just one article on states dropping Driver’s Ed.

States Are Putting the Brakes on Driver’s Ed

We spend incredible amounts of money on education. The article Jallen posted on Betsy DeVos pointed out the growth of the Department of Education and school administrators, but they can’t find the money for this. Nor do state governments make the connection to the points made in Peter Egan’s article, that too many do not seem to understand what it means to be a courteous, conscientious, safe driver.

Many of the young think they don't need to know how to drive because- 'duh, self driving cars'. I'm totally serious.

I can't believe no body has mentioned this.

Posts: 7266 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post