SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Would you find it rude if a member...point taken, clarified halfway down P1...Visit with JAllen P3
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Would you find it rude if a member...point taken, clarified halfway down P1...Visit with JAllen P3 Login/Join 
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
I kind of think about it in the inverse. If I showed up at a members house unannounced, I would 99.9% assume that a gun would be ready to smoke me at some point in that interaction.

Therefore, I would email or text said member first.

Now if you did show up at my place unannounced I doubt I would be able to give you the welcome that I would have wanted to, without some notice.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5132 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd be a little upset,
because of the ambulance call bills,
you see I would most likely pass out if , say Para,
showed up.
and because of my stature, he couldn't get me to the bed and apply a cold compress and some smelling salts.
he would wig out ,

phone 9 1 1 and they would bring me out of it , and charge me $720.00 for the trip and oxygen.

of we'd go out for a nice meal and everything , but I'd be asking the forum for Go Fund Me advice

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54658 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
High profile or red shirt? Smile

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Chongo and his wife showed up at the front door this morning, after all due courtesies, and we had a very pleasant visit for about an hour, about as much as I can stand in my present decrepitude.

It turns out he isn’t as funny looking as you might suppose, and quite well behaved. I believe he and his wife are enjoying their trip.

I am happy they thought to call me and stop by.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

It turns out he isn’t as funny looking as you might suppose, and quite well behaved.

She's got him "House Broken" already? That's a sign of a keeper! Big Grin

That's why most folk don't invite me in or near their house.
Sure, Ill show up with good beer or a good bottle of bourbon, a couple of steaks (and the obligatory quarter Wink )... but Im still not house trained.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8351 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Chongo and his wife showed up at the front door this morning

I am happy they thought to call me and stop by.

That's really cool. I'm really glad he got to meet you. I feel very uninteresting compared to some of you guys.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9160 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
A nice visit, got to put a face to a SIGforum legend, truly an honor. And with the added treat of being hosted by Mr. Allen’s lovely wife.

I believe my wife enjoyed meeting them nearly as much as I did, as it put a little context on a few things. JAllen and I share some common hobbies, though he has had a few decades head start!

Today we are off to these Magnolia shops in Waco. I had thought I was being crafty when I loaded our checked bag to within one pound of the weight limit. My wife put my worries to rest when she told me the place will gladly ship your purchases home for you. I suppose as long as she leaves me enough money for some good BBQ I’ll smile and nod Wink

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11449 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post