SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looking at a new Ford Taurus. I have questions. Update: Bought one!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking at a new Ford Taurus. I have questions. Update: Bought one! Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Yes. Stiffer springs, slightly higher rear diff, and some other factors create a sportier ride than a stock Taurus.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18016 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Congrats, my F150 was Magnetic (color, not metal property Razz)
Was a pretty easy color to keep clean.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15130 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
I filled it up today and the mpg was a nice surprise. The onboard mpg avg stated 25.6 mpg and it’s been my experience actual mpg is always a bit less than that. The cars real mpg was 27.48 miles per gallon. I can live with that Smile

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Thinking about picking up this one.. $10,000 off MSRP. Not very sexy or fun car, but damn that's a good value.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20739 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Thinking about picking up this one.. $10,000 off MSRP. Not very sexy or fun car, but damn that's a good value.

That’s a good looking car.

I’m a few weeks into driving mine and I absolutely love it. Zero regrets. The only thing I will change out are the wheels.

Don’t wait too long.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
What about acceleration? It's 288hp, but a big ass vehicle.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20739 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Is that new or used? I’m looking for one but I’m not finding deals anything close to what’s being posted in this thread.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
I checked the link and scrolled down to the fine print. Add a thousand bucks(!) -- OK, I exagerate, it's only $999 -- for "dealer processing fee."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30521 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
All dealers around here have BS $500-1,000 dealer acquisition fee, adminstrative fee, or bear proofing fee of some sort.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

All dealers around here have BS $500-1,000 dealer acquisition fee, adminstrative fee, or bear proofing fee of some sort.
Might be worth traveling a bit. I know that I would do that.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30521 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
posted Hide Post
quote:
What about acceleration? It's 288hp, but a big ass vehicle.

It’s a bit lethargic in drive but drop it into sport mode and it wakes right up.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by badcopnodonut!!:
With the Taurus being shelved soon ...

Not going away, they just put bigger tires on it and tacked on some Bronco emblems here and there.

Posts: 9103 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
quote:
Originally posted by badcopnodonut!!:
With the Taurus being shelved soon ...

Not going away, they just put bigger tires on it and tacked on some Bronco emblems here and there.

Now that's funny,don't care who you are.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
I got mine! Wink Black 2017 with 10K on the clock. Drives smoother and a little faster than my 2013.

Now to find one of those Black mesh SHO grills with the chrome surround. Smile Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
I got mine! Wink Black 2017 with 10K on the clock. Drives smoother and a little faster than my 2013.

Now to find one of those Black mesh SHO grills with the chrome surround. Smile Regards 18DAI

Nice!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Congrats, my F150 was Magnetic (color, not metal property Razz)
Was a pretty easy color to keep clean.

With an aluminum body, your F150 was actually non-magnetic magnetic. Mine's called Leadfoot (color and driver).

Posts: 685 | Location: Rural W. MI | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:

Get an Interceptor grille, instead. Big Grin

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18016 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Didn't go this morning. Had to be at grandpas this morning to move some stuff for Passover. Was going to go to gun show, wife wasn't feeling good. Just decided, not to even go look at it. I don't need a new car. While mine is 7 years old, it only has 25k on the odo. I don't need something new and shiny, just because it's new and shiny even if it's an exceptionally good value. If I am going to spend extra money, probably best on kitchen remodel, much better ROI.

Hopefully I don't get off early from work one day this week, might change my mind and bring it home with me. So glad it's 40mi away, keeps likelihood of just kicking the tires down.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis