SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Italian hospital worker skips work for 15 years
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Italian hospital worker skips work for 15 years Login/Join 
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
Several years ago I saw a story about a Australian electrician that for years regularly skipped out of work to play golf. He knew that the company used company issued cell phones to track employees location so he would place his in a chip back to create a makeshift Faraday cage to block the GPS signal. Frankly, I'm not sure that would actually work but that's what was reported.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1905 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I worked with a guy that had two full time jobs. His day job, he was a department manager and supervisor and made about $150,000 a year... job required 50 hours per week. He then came and worked with me overnight shift working 40 hours per week. As soon as he got to work, he crawled into a back room, made a bed out of “soft” materials, and disappeared and slept basically for the next 8 hours until it was time to leave. He made $40,000 a year ... sleeping on the job.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
Reminds me of when I ETS'ed out of the Army.

Went into say goodbye to the CO and he started this spiel about how he expects the best from each man and how he's fair but firm and asks if I have any questions.

I told him no, as I was ETSing. He was astounded and said he'd never seen or heard of me and asked how long I'd been in his Company.

Some of the guys called me the human skate.

That was the advice my Army Recruiter gave me prior to leaving for Basic Training in 1991:

"If you can get to graduation and the Drill Sergeants see you and have no idea who you are, you have won!"

Big Grin

Posts: 33773 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always told people that I wanted to retire with as few people as possible knowing my name .

Posts: 4049 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post