SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Italian hospital worker skips work for 15 years
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Italian hospital worker skips work for 15 years Login/Join 
posted
Nice work if you can get it Big Grin

"The employee was a civil servant, and was assigned to a job in the hospital in 2005. It was at this point he stopped going into work, the police said.

The police have also accused him of threatening his manager to stop her from filing a disciplinary report against him.

That manager later retired, police added, and his ongoing absence was never noticed by her successor or human resources."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56822571

Posts: 204 | Registered: July 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Restitution is going to be a bitch without a job Big Grin

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
So he was a real world but exact opposite of this guy?

Posts: 33787 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
Wasn't there an guy at the EPA who did this several years ago?

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3627 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jcsabolt2:
Yep, John Beale. I worked with him (well, I was there, he usually wasn't.) Note that our boss at the time was Gina McCarthy, who is now Biden's Climate Advisor.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/w...g-was-flna2D11768995

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I remember a guy setting up shop at a zoo for the parking lot. He took tickets and worked there for something like five years and collected several million dollars in parking fees even though zoo parking was supposed to be free. If I remember correctly they never caught him or even realized what was going on until he quit showing up to work one day.

Posts: 3914 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I love Italy Wink

Posts: 13808 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of when I ETS'ed out of the Army.

Went into say goodbye to the CO and he started this spiel about how he expects the best from each man and how he's fair but firm and asks if I have any questions.

I told him no, as I was ETSing. He was astounded and said he'd never seen or heard of me and asked how long I'd been in his Company.

Some of the guys called me the human skate.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I too remember a federal worker who "missed" work for a year or so, he fooled his agency into thinking he was on a secret assignment for the CIA or FBI.

Just did a search on some federal sites and -naturally - could not find the article.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
quote:

I too remember a federal worker who "missed" work for a year or so, he fooled his agency into thinking he was on a secret assignment for the CIA or FBI.

Just did a search on some federal sites and -naturally - could not find the article.

Mikeyspizza posted a link in his post immediately after jcsabolt2's comment above. It was John Beale at the EPA.

Posts: 32503 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
Give that guy a bonus!

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1630 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
quote:

Mikeyspizza posted a link in his post immediately after jcsabolt2's comment above. It was John Beale at the EPA.

Image: Sigmund slaps head in embarrassment. Smile

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I've had several co-workers who, while they pretty much did their jobs, also had second, full-time, salaried jobs and were collecting two paychecks. When everyone works from home in sales and, if you happen to have a territory that almost runs on autopilot, you can pull this off .... for a while. But there's eventually going to be a conflict where you have to pick which job you want to keep. One girl I knew pretty well and would have never ratted her out, had she told me. But happily agreed to carry some stuff for me in her car from LA to a company event in Vegas. She had no plan to go to Vegas, but couldn't tell me. Turns out her other job had an event somewhere else and she had to choose which one she wanted to keep. I was pretty pissed when I got to the hotel and she didn't show. I had to go to Marshalls to buy some clothes while I waited for her to FedEx me my stuff. She was instantly fired too.

Posts: 3527 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
quote:
I remember a guy setting up shop at a zoo for the parking lot. He took tickets and worked there for something like five years and collected several million dollars in parking fees even though zoo parking was supposed to be free. If I remember correctly they never caught him or even realized what was going on until he quit showing up to work one day.

The one I know about is the Bristol ZOO in the UK where the guy collected parking fees for 20 years, and never missed a day of work, 7 days a week until one day he disappeared (retired).

https://www.snopes.com/fact-ch...e-parking-attendant/

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
Reminds me of when I ETS'ed out of the Army.

Went into say goodbye to the CO and he started this spiel about how he expects the best from each man and how he's fair but firm and asks if I have any questions.

I told him no, as I was ETSing. He was astounded and said he'd never seen or heard of me and asked how long I'd been in his Company.

Some of the guys called me the human skate.

Warrant officer? Wink

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3447 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Spec 4

SP4

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

ETS
Confused

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30658 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
ETS
Confused

ETS: Estimated Time of Separation.

The date upon which one is scheduled to be separated from ones current enlistment or their commission expires.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Citadel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Spec 4

SP4
. The infamous E4 Mafia strikes again. :P

Posts: 823 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post