SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Everytown Takes Victory Lap as Paul Ryan Lets National Reciprocity Stall
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Everytown Takes Victory Lap as Paul Ryan Lets National Reciprocity Stall Login/Join 
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Ryan is a rancid piece of shit, on his good days.

And nationwide concealed carry, however it happens, is long overdue.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by PASig:
My worry that PA's carry laws would be watered down to match those of other states with more restrictive rules.

Am I off base here worrying about this?

This is my concern. That national reciprocity will result in a national standard. When you compare drivers licenses, they are pretty similar between the states. Then there is the "Driver's License Compact"

"The compact is used by its member states to share driver's license information and traffic violation records with other states for legal purposes. Under this compact, crimes committed by drivers in other states can be treated as if they were committed in their home states. The compact uses the motto "One Driver, One License, One Record."

In Washington, there are no classes or shooting. petsonally d love to carry anywhere. However, it more likely that training requirements. While Arizina's permit is valid in 30 states it's no in Washington. There there is "May Issue, shall issue..." problem.

https://ballotpedia.org/Driver_License_Compact
https://www.usacarry.com/conce...eciprocity_maps.html

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6065 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
He's busy working on more important things Roll Eyes

WASHINGTON — Speaker of the House Paul Ryan announced Thursday plans to “modernize” the House’s dress code.

“Over the break, it came to my attention that there was an issue about dress code,” Ryan told reporters at his weekly press conference Thursday. “To be honest, this was not an issue that was covered in my new speaker orientation ceremony. The sergeant of arms was simply enforcing the same interpretation of the rules as under my predecessors that this is nothing new and certainly not something that I devised.”

http://dailycaller.com/2017/07...ze-house-dress-code/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
There shouldn't be any laws period. Carry anything, anytime, anywhere.

Government getting involved in any law that constrains what the people can use to protect against governmental tyranny is a direct conflict of interest.

At a minimum, the people should be able to do whatever a SS agent, FBI, LEO, Military can do.

If anything, I think any state that restricts citizens should also restrict the above. SS agents, FBI, LEO and military aren't special and laws should apply equally.

States like NJ, CA, MA, etc. that basically do not issue concealed carry permits, LE shouldn't be able to carry at all. If citizens can't buy the guns there, then LE shouldn't be able to have them either.

I bet if that were the case then laws would change really quick.

Posts: 13314 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:

States like NJ, CA, MA, etc. that basically do not issue concealed carry permits, LE shouldn't be able to carry at all.

Um, in MOST of MA, getting a carry permit is not THAT tough. A little training, an application, and so on. The minimum required class IIRC is a 4-hour "hunter safety" class that has little to nothing to do with handguns or carry. I've had my license for quite a while so I am not 100% on the class requirements, but...

The rules have changed as well as to standardization of requirements and suitability. The onus is now on the CLEO or designate to prove unsuitability.

Now, this is not working as well as it should, as some of the holdouts are being PITAs, but suits are filed and progressing.

While certainly not the intent of the Bill of Rights, it is FAR from difficult to obtain a carry permit here with some diligence and legwork, provided you don't choose to live in one of the "red" towns.

Now if we got into the list of "approved guns", and those topics, that'll piss any free person off. Utter foolishness there.

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My number one thought is why do you need a license to exercise a constitutional right? Why not enact constitutional carry for every citizen that is not prohibited by a conviction from owning.

Second best is to treat it like a drivers license and require all states to honor a carry permit.

This Congress needs to start working for the people who elected them to serve.

Posts: 13129 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Gun Control Groups: Good at Gloating, Bad at Counting on Advancing National Reciprocity Effort
FRIDAY, JULY 14, 2017 Gun Control Groups: Good at Gloating, Bad at Counting on Advancing National Reciprocity Effort
Apparently, Michael Bloomberg is good at counting money but not so good at counting votes. This week, Breitbart reported that Everytown for Gun Safety, Michael Bloomberg’s gun ban conglomerate, was claiming a “win” for congressional inaction on national right to carry reciprocity.

This just goes to show that not only do gun control advocates not tell the truth, they usually insist on telling the opposite of the truth. The fact is that the momentum behind the national reciprocity effort continues to grow, with the number of co-sponsors on Rep. Richard Hudson’s House bill now at 203 and rapidly approaching the 218 votes needed for passage through the House of Representatives.

Urge your US Senators and US Representative to Support Concealed Carry Reciprocity!

Urge them to cosponsor and support passage of S.446-- the Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017-- in the Senate, and H.R.38 -- the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017-- in the House. You can contact your U.S. Senators and U.S. Representative by phone at (202) 224-3121

TAKE ACTION TODAY!

Barack Obama once claimed that future generations would look back on his presidential nomination as “the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal … .” That ludicrous assertion basically set the template for what Everytown is now doing, which is to boldly claim credit for unobservable events that sound good to their supporters. Everytown could tell its donors, “Thanks to your support, we have another day in America where national reciprocity hasn’t happened,” but that doesn’t mean the group itself had anything to do with that state of affairs or that daily progress toward national reciprocity isn’t being made.

But this is nothing new. Earlier this month the Washington Post tried to fashion an article around the premise that gun control advocates “won” because they didn’t lose as badly as they could have in state legislatures this year. The Post story attempts to conjure a sort of Rocky Balboa theme by portraying the NRA as an entrenched title holder facing a plucky upstart in the likes of organizations including ARS and the Bloomberg-backed Everytown for Gun Safety. According to the article, the outcome of their clashes in Trump’s overwhelmingly “red” America is a forgone conclusion: the reigning champ will prevail. But without a conclusive knockout blow, so the storyline goes, the champ’s victory is hollow and short-lived and only sets the stage for the sequels in which the contender finally turns the table.

But the simple truth is that the anti-gun movement has lost big in the state legislatures this year, even while some states remain in session and more pro-gun bills are on the move. At this point, the ratio of pro- to anti-gun bills actually signed into law in the states is about 20:1. And the most impactful bills were pro-gun bills, including additional states adopting permitless concealed carry, strengthening stand-your-ground laws, and advancing the lawful carrying of firearms on college campuses.

Even the Post writer has to concede near the end of the article that the gun controllers’ portrayal of the situation “isn’t a traditional way to score wins.” On that point, at least, she’s entirely correct. Losing is actually the opposite of winning.

In the meantime, if you’d like to help get national reciprocity legislation passed in the Congress, let your senators and congressional representative know. Urge them to cosponsor and support passage of H.R.38 -- the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017-- in the House, and S.446-- the Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017-- in the Senate. You can contact your U.S. Representative and Senators by phone at (202) 224-3121, or by clicking here to take action.

With your help, we’ll once again show Bloomberg and his gun ban shills what REAL winning looks like.

https://www.nraila.org/article...l-reciprocity-effort

Posts: 8728 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
2018 will be a reckoning for the Republicans.

We aren't going to forget what they have done (haven't) over the past 9 years.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34421 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

What? You're going to vote for the democrat?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30954 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

What? You're going to vote for the democrat?

The perfect is the enemy of the good.
During my lifetime, progress to restore rights of any sort has been made incrementally. The purists that insist on all or nothing talk a good story but then fail to move the ball forward. Usually, if they have any effect, it's to move things backward some.

Posts: 9834 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
We need to vote Ryan out of office in a primary challenge. And the same with all the other RINOs. There are no Democrat good alternatives to Republicans, but there are alternative Republicans.

Last time around, Ryan's challenger didn't have a prayer. But a good candidate, well-funded, can beat him.

We need a national figure, not necessarily a politician, to lead this co-ordinated effort. Draining the swamp means getting rid of all the slithering creatures, and that includes many Republicans. Ryan should be top of the list.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11216 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post