SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Comrade Bernie Sanders
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Comrade Bernie Sanders Login/Join 
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
With all the recent support behind Biden, the cards are stacking against Bernie. It sounds like ‘sleepy Joe’ is short on $$ too.

He just mentioned more gun control with his Beto endorsement.

I hope Bernie has a good day today.

Posts: 6170 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4032 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched the town hall on Fox last night with Bloomberg. He did a very good job explaining why Medicare for all will not work. I hope we see it in a Trump add in the fall.

Jim

Posts: 1341 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pal:
I watched the town hall on Fox last night with Bloomberg. He did a very good job explaining why Medicare for all will not work. I hope we see it in a Trump add in the fall.

There are sound bites a-plenty from last night's Fox town hall meeting in Manassas, Virginia. I won't post links to them here, but you can find the whole thing online.

My favorites: Bloomberg explaining that his life was more important than ours, which is why he has armed security. Also, because he pays for it himself.

Bloomberg explaining that he flies private jets all over the world to combat climate change because he also gets threats flying "normal" airlines.

This guy is so full of arrogance, elitism, and autocratic heavy-handedness.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
quote:
Originally posted by Pal:

There are sound bites a-plenty from last night's Fox town hall meeting in Manassas, Virginia. I won't post links to them here, but you can find the whole thing online.

My favorites: Bloomberg explaining that his life was more important than ours, which is why he has armed security. Also, because he pays for it himself.

Bloomberg explaining that he flies private jets all over the world to combat climate change because he also gets threats flying "normal" airlines.

This guy is so full of arrogance, elitism, and autocratic heavy-handedness.

He also pick up turds, by the clean end!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8361 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:

You're forgetting about his wife.

Posts: 9523 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Dear heaven. It looks like the Bernie Bros are keeping lists, making threats and lashing out. Either that Bloomberg's air war has a black bag element.

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...-guns-matter-t-shirt

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I think this morning Bernie is starting to feel the "burn".

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
He better get a good supply of Preparation-H Medicated Wipes on hand before going to the Demotard Convention. He's gonna need 'em...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Come on Bernie Bros! Do something! Aren’t there small business with windows that need breaking?? Old people crossing streets that need pushing? Whatcha gonna do???

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Sorry Bernie Bros, you actually have to show up at the polls to win an election and nothings free there.

Posts: 9523 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4032 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Mark Steyn sat in for Rush today. I like him well enough - few can turn a phrase as well as he does.

He upped his game and showed Sanders as the sham he is. During the 2016 Dim debates, Hillary's emails were a hot topic. When the subject came up, Sanders angrily dismissed it (paraphrasing?)"Enough with the damned emails". Rather than use that to his advantage, he killed the whole inquiry.

It looks like he's ready to fold again, why? Because he knows the ideology he spouts is a romantic, ridiculous pipe dream. Because he knows he's unelectable.

He sees the crowds he fires up, he feels the bern, he loves the hate he stirs. As Steyn says, in the end he's a patsy and a coward. Fighting the good fight? Not really, not even close. Still, a guy can dream...

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8349 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:
Originally posted by dave7378:
I hear you Pre. I too grew up poor and paid my own way thru school. Luckily SUNY was only about 7k per year so I wasn't crushed with debt when I graduated. I do feel bad for some students today who I feel get swindled into taking these loans. Please don't read this as being in favor of forgiving these loans. I am not. I am however sickened by the state of the current education system, specifically colleges constantly raising tuition prices because the gov't guarantees the loans. Students graduating with 200K+ in loans have little hope in repaying them. I have been fortunate enough to have started a fairly successful business and been able to start saving early for my kids education. My kids hopefully won't have the stress of a huge debt hanging over their head upon graduation. But to your point, no on debt forgiveness. Perhaps yes to education loan reform or to better educating the repercussions of taking out these, IMO, borderline criminal loans. Reminds me of poaching.

Grad school (MBA in Finance) from start to finish, is 24k. Local/state school that is well respected. I don’t get the 200k in debt thing unless you went to an expensive school, probably out of state, and charged (loans,plastic) your way 100% through it. I’m in a prep course for the GMAT right now. Most of them that I looked at were $1k-2k. I found one at the local community college for $150. I was in the same situation graduating high school. Had academic scholarships when I graduated college (A’s all the way through public school with little effort, and many of those AP courses). But those scholarships covered tuition/books, and not the dorm, which was $$$$ so I elected to do it on my own. I’ve checked our state schools here, reputable, and a bachelors doesn’t add up to 200k, or even 100k.

Yeah, state tuition is doable, so is private school with aid( grants and such). However most private school tuition after 4 years is not $100k. The average cost per year of the schools my younger daughter is currently looking at is $63k per year(tuition plus room and board). My older daughter goes to Boston College and that is about $73k per year. I get that it can be done for cheaper as most things can. But the point is college tuition cost is a runaway train.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5911 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post