SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ever worked retail? Guy does video responding to common customer complaints/comments :-)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ever worked retail? Guy does video responding to common customer complaints/comments :-) Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted
You wanna speak to the manager? Please...The manager doesn't know what's going on, haven't you ever worked anywhere before??? Big Grin

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jprebb
posted Hide Post
Hilarious! Thanks for posting.

JP

Posts: 2054 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
My last (Thank God) job was working the in-store retail end of the lumber/hardware business.

I very nearly got fired for using one of his lines. We sold high-end doors. The cheap ones went for about $400 and you could triple that very easily.

Customer called and asked a bunch of questions about one of our cheaper doors and finally got around to asking about the price. I told him and he came back with "I can get it $150 cheaper at Home Depot"

"Well then, perhaps you should be shopping at Home Depot."

My boss was not amused...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15274 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
This is great! Thank you Big Grin

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5353 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
I very nearly got fired for using one of his lines.

Several years back we had a guy call about a safe. He wanted something very high security, and he had about $200 to spend. I told him he didn't need a safe, he needed a money clip so he could keep his $200 safe in his pocket.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15731 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dang, funny as hell Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 7568 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Heard in my business: "My mechanic said it's the [blank]." "My mechanic can do it cheaper." What are you doing here, then? Why doesn't "your mechanic" do it?

Posts: 28007 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I get questions quite similar, once in awhile. My answer is, do you want it it done right the first time, or pay again to have it done a second time?

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Good stuff !

0:01

Posts: 4215 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
The two I get all the time, typically on the phone, are you busy? Yes we are......Oh, hmmm, well can I get ?... yes stop in at X:30. The other one is " I have a question." My reply is "I have an answer". That confuses some of them.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5690 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spot on.

Everyone should work retail or, food service for a period in their lives. It usually helps put things into perspective later on in life.

Posts: 14692 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have posted this before but it fits in with this thread:
Working at the dicks who are Dicks, a kid about 12 walked up to the counter I was working.
Me: How are you today?
Kid: You dont care!
Best retail related answer I ever got! Big Grin

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16124 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
Don’t know where I read about, and it may be urban legend, but “I heard” this sign was posted in a business:

“We’ll bend over backwards for you, but we won’t bend over forwards for you.”

Posts: 2939 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
My favorites are the ones that get mad at me over the price of lumber. I told one jackass, “Bud if I got a commission from sales of this stuff I’d be retired already.” I also dearly love the line, “I can’t use that. How much will you take for it?” Fucker if you can’t use it then why does price matter. If you start with, “I’ll take it if we can get a discount” then we’ll talk and you get extra consideration for not being an asshole.

Posts: 13747 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
“The meatballs aren’t that good.” LMAO!!!! oh shit! I used to own a retail business and I’d kick idiots out of the store and they’d throw lines like this. “I want to speak to your manager!” I’m like fuck stick I’m the owner, now GTFO! I can only imagine these days with this narcissism run amuck. God help the good retail employees. I remember waiting tables, that was worse. The movie WAITING is 100% accurate.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12660 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Gotta show this to my wife, she managed a large department store for almost 30 years.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3407 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcereuss:
Don’t know where I read about, and it may be urban legend, but “I heard” this sign was posted in a business:

“We’ll bend over backwards for you, but we won’t bend over forwards for you.”

That was the unofficial motto of the warranty department of an outdoor brand I used to work for.

Basically, customers would return items for warranty in an attempt to get a replacement when in fact, they just wore the shit out of the item and there was zero issue with manufacturing or, materials.

You wore the ever living hell out of your jacket/backpack, perhaps take better care of your purchases; if you don't abuse them, they'll last longer.

Posts: 14692 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the 50’s and 60’s I worked in TV repair and made house calls to repair TV’s and stereos etc. And had to put up with guys setting in a lounge chair with a beer in one hand and chips on his lap telling me how to repair the set, because he read an artical in Popular Science about electronics. They were never right.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
My buddy owns a gun store...when he asked me to work for him after my stroke he told me about his “customer prevention” strategy and a lot of it was if you can get it there then go get it....people would use his brick and mortar store to pick up and finger fuck his inventory and then order something online. He would charge those people $50 for the transfers.....regular folks would only get charged $35

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11308 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
BaaaaaaaaaahahahahHAHAHAHAHAAHhahahahaha

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15909 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post