SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I bought my dream boat (dream kayak) and it is BEAUTIFUL!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I bought my dream boat (dream kayak) and it is BEAUTIFUL!! Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Be sure and lash it down well when transporting, Stick.

A friend of mine spent a year or so building a kayak like that. It was handmade, and very nice looking.

Until a knot slipped or something, and it came off the top of his car and onto the highway.

"Crunch." Frown

God bless America.

Posts: 13516 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Definitely. I’m going to be making my own anchor/mount for the front of my Sienna. With the new Yakima mounts and straps it will be well secured. Toyota didn’t really make anywhere to mount in the front so I’m going to make a mount that secures under the hood. I tied it to a piece of plastic for the ride home and certainly don’t want to do that again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21121 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sure is nice looking. I just bought a "hole in the water" and brought it home yesterday. I'll post some pictures when I upload them.

Posts: 1854 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a very good looking kayak.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very cool !

Congrats !

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
I bought my dream boat

Very nice!
But where do you put the bikini babes on that?

Posts: 7370 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am going to need
https://www.sportsmansguide.co...peak-thrust?a=618521

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54681 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
That does look nice.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19693 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The cedar strip deck really is something. I find myself admiring it and running my hand across the side of the yak every time I’m in the garage.

The version I’m building is not quite as stunning as the hybrid version. It is all stitch and glue okoume ply with a darker center section of sapele.

It should hopefully look like this when done.

hopef

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21121 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Beautiful kayak.

Personally, a mast and sail would help matters.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
That just might be the most beautiful kayak I've ever seen!

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11109 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HERITAGE
posted Hide Post
Old school cool (with some modern fiberglass)! I'll stick to the wider varieties that keep me dry! It does look fast, just sitting there, on dry land. Have fun slicing through the water in that svelte craft!

Posts: 328 | Location: MI | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
That is beautiful!!!

Posts: 1226 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
What a beauty! Congrats

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post