SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Transitions lens and blue light filter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Transitions lens and blue light filter Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted
I usually get Transitions for my eyeglasses. Recently, I've add blue light filters.

I may be mistaken, but it seems that the Transitions lenses don't get as dark I'm used to. I'm not sure if it's just the Transitions part. Or perhaps the activation of the tinting is dependent upon UV which is getting partially filtered out by the blue filter.

If the blue filter is affecting the Transition tinting, I wonder which is more protective -- Transitions alone (full tint) or Transitions + blue filter (partial tint but additional UV filtering). At least I guess this suggests that the blue filtering is working?

Any one else have experience or knowledge?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12752 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
I thought Yellow filtered out UV, Blue filtered out IR.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
It's a reflective coating that looks blue. So I believe that blue wavelengths are being reflected back out and not passing through the lens to the eye.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12752 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post