SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What to do in Colorado Springs for vacation?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What to do in Colorado Springs for vacation? Login/Join 
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Valpo Fz:
Thank you! We have a trip planned now! we will be doing one activity planned a day:

Pikes peak (driving)
Manitou Springs
Garden of Gods
Wolf Center
Mollie Katheleen Gold Mine
Stanley Canon Trail
Royal Gorge
Air & Space Museum
and Four wheel rentals or white water rafting

We are excited after hearing all you had to say!
You should check out Bishops Castle if you get a chance, never see anything else like it and Bishops story is pretty amazing. http://www.bishopcastle.org/

Posts: 2312 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just an FYI that the cog railway is shutdown and probably will be closed for good. Kind of corny but Cave of the Winds is pretty fun as well. Absolutely agree with Cheyenne Mtn Zoo and the wolf rescue.

I’d avoid Dragonman’s at all costs.

Posts: 1840 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
The area @ Woodland Park/Divide has some great trails for motorbikes and mountain bikes.

Lot's of fun to be had!

Teller County Trails

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
There's a cliff house that was stolen from farther west and set in Manitou for tourists.

My cousin's high school diploma displayed at the Miramont Castle.

Manitou High

Also, have some spring water, open spouts all over Manitou. My fave is up Ruxton just after leaving downtown. Very tasty that one. Oh, and the incline railway.

Ol' Number 5

And 7 falls is nice.

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
If you are hungry and like pizza, give this a try.

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
Walk around Manitou Springs & spend some time at the arcade.

Tour the Mollie Kathleen Gold mine in Cripple Creek.

Pike's Peak, obviously.

-Rob

This plus Garden of the Gods is exactly what we did in October.

Posts: 11371 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post